Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Stars sighting: 7 string soloist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars sighting: 7 string soloist!

In case anyone is interested, I spotted a Jackson Stars 7 string soloist in a music store here in Tokyo the other day.
    Finish: WHITE/Matching headstock
    Bridge: Tune-o-matic (can't remember if it was string thru or not)
    Board: I think ebony but I'm not 100% sure... sharkfin inlays of course.
    Pickup configuration: 1 hum EMG.

Just thought I'd drop a heads-up in case anyone might be interested. If I had the money or the means I would want this one for myself.... I'd love to see it go to a forum member if anyone else is into it though.

I think this is used, and it's probably a semi-custom.
    The price isn't too bad so PM me if you'd like to know.

Steve

Re: Jackson Stars sighting: 7 string soloist!

drool.... if only
    www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

I'm seriously contemplating picking this bad boy up for myself, but that would require that I ditch my Kramer/Kelly mutt... And maybe ditch my Kramer 7 that's still at my mom's house. I don't need *two* seven stringers really, if both have tune-o-matics.

Comment

This one now resides with me--with the help of The Steve Man. Muchas gracias. What a nice guy!

This is far and away the best 7-stringer I've ever played. The neck just about plays itself, and the low-B is *very* tight and seems well 'integrated' with the other strings. I may end up replacing the EMG-707 with an EMG-81/7, since I prefer the brightness and 'bite' of the 81 over the beefiness of the 85. One little oddity: the finish is the *exact* metallic off-white that was used on the '80s Model Charvels, but the headstock face is pure-white, rather than off-white. A little odd, but looks cool anyway. This thing is just pure brutal metal, with that one pickup/one volume setup. I also really like how the volume is set well away from the strings. No Beck-ian volume swells possible, but I use a pedal for that stuff, anyway.

It's basically a 7-string SL3, but it feels more solid and 'well-done', somehow. Too bad FMIC doesn't see fit to send some of that Jackson Stars action over to our side of the Pacific.

Here's some pics:

Comment

Wow! That's sweet. What did end up costing you w/ shipping.

Comment

holy s**t that's SWEET!!!!!!!!

Comment

I went to the post office twice to ship it to him.. the first time it was just packed in the triangular guitar-box that the music store (Ikebe Gakki "Rivole" shop in Akihabara) gave me when I told them I was shipping it and wanted it packaged. I dropped by the PO on the way home to see how much they'd charge for it that way (Express shipping) and it woulda been like 110. The next day I got an outer box and packed most of the void with newspaper and actually shipped it out, and it was just over 140.

I didn't actually notice the metallic thing on the white finish... good eye!
              80s all the way and it's a shred-a-riffic axe.

Comment

By the way, this is a little off topic, but I was looking through the most recent Young Guitar advertisement, and Jackson Stars is going to start sourcing USA J/C custom shop orders I guess. They showed a bunch of US finishes/options (charvel star, bengal, etc. etc. etc.) and options such as green flames inlays on maple, or black sharkies, or whatever.
                I hope this doesn't mean the semi-custom Japanese options are gone (it probably doesn't as the J2 series and US customs are completely different things...)

Comment

Given the poor perforance of the dollar lately, I'll bet the USA Jacksons would be a decent value in Japan, right now--or at least better than they would have been a few years ago. I wonder if there will be much demand for USA customs? After all, you can get a full custom from the Japanese shop, too.

That semi-custom thing is great--too bad the USA shop can't do something similar. It's really nothing different than what Carvin does, and something we've talked about here on the JCF before.

Comment

JacksonStars are today what the 1990/91 Pros were back then, which is why they can't be imported by a Jackson dealer.
                    Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

that beats the Fear factory dude's signature [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

awesome guitar! love white guitars
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Nice guitar. Get someone other than Toejam to take some pics of it though! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          that beats the Fear factory dude's signature [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would actually be very similar if the production version of the Wolbers sig guitar was neckthru, as it should have been. I think Jackson made a mistake making it a bolt-on, given that ESP's Stephen Carpenter sig (which has to be the main competition) is neckthru.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            JacksonStars are today what the 1990/91 Pros were back then, which is why they can't be imported by a Jackson dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's very true. In fact, I wonder how many sales the SL3, SLSMG and RR5 take away from the USA shop as it is? The SLSMG, in particular is a pretty good deal at $800 or so out the door, when compared to almost twice that for a USA Soloist. The SL3 and RR5 don't have quite the feeling of quality that the USA guitars do, but that SLSMG certainly does, judging from the ones I've played.

Comment

Damn, missed this first time around - very nice! My USA has the same neck scallop, and fret access is damn good. In fact, that's really close to my guitar, minus a few things...
                              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                              X