My humble collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My humble collection

Got a new camera, so I thought I would post a pic of my guitars. Nothing special here, but I enjoy them very much. Only two Jacksons in the group (PS4 and my Bengalized JS20), but hopefully more to come, a Jacksonesque mutt (NOS Kramer Custom I body with a Stew-Mac Jackson-style neck) which I call the JCF since I got the neck from HuntinDoug and the floyd from Scott(Vwall), BC Rich Rave II Warlock that's been beat to death ( my first electric), a Samick Greg Bennett Fastback, and 85/86 Fender MIJ Strat (I think these were the predecessor to the HM Strat)

Chris
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Re: My humble collection

Cool! I gotta say, I especially like the Samick and Fender. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool collection Chris!
      I need a new camera too.
      So which one is your favorite one?
      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys. Most of the time I play the JCF mutt, PS4 and JS20. The Samick is very comfy and well put together, but I don't like the Duncan-Designed pups. They're very dull and lifeless to me, sort of like throwing a mattress over the amp sound. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The Strat is cool, but I don't care for the pups in it either. I guess I need to get busy and replace them sometime!

Comment

That's a rockin collection! Good pic!

Comment

cool job on the bengal. Nice colour scheme.

That Strat is very cool. Got any better pics of it?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Thanks guys. Most of the time I play the JCF mutt, PS4 and JS20. The Samick is very comfy and well put together, but I don't like the Duncan-Designed pups. They're very dull and lifeless to me, sort of like throwing a mattress over the amp sound. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The Strat is cool, but I don't care for the pups in it either. I guess I need to get busy and replace them sometime!

[/ QUOTE ]

Try changing your pots. If pickups sound dull, you might have a 250K volume. If you replace it with a 500K, you WILL have more volume, and a brighter sound. I don't know if it will sound good, but it will be brighter and louder.

Do the same for the Tone pot. Use good quality audio taper pots - CTS makes great stuff.

For the strat, I'm such an Iron Maiden nut I'd be putting at least a Super Distortion in the bridge.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

Do the same for the Tone pot. Use good quality audio taper pots - CTS makes great stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just disconnect the tone pot [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I also have a PS-4, nice player - love the thin neck!

Comment

Very nice collection. I have a PS-4. too.
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cksonPS-4a.jpg
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Great collection. Thanks for the pic.

Comment

Nice, I like MIJ Strats [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice indeed. Can't call them fire wood.

PT

Comment

That's a nice bunch you got there my man! Very cool variety!
                            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

That Strat is very cool. Got any better pics of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks everybody!

Alvin, very cool trans blue PS4! I almost got that same color when I bought mine. Looking at yours makes me wish I had!

G, here's a pic of the Strat. It's not the best pic since it was taken inside and I used the flash. If the weather ever cooperates I'll take some pics outside. Anyone have any idea what this color is? It's hard to capture it in a pic. Depending on the lighting, it looks copper, orange or a sandy bronze color with larger flakes than the average metallic color.

Thanks again everybody! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X