DK2 or DKMG or DXMG ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DK2 or DKMG or DXMG ?

I love my DKMGT... I don't mind the reverse headstock, but I absolutely love the archtop! And the piranha inlays look very nice on the dark rosewood board (mine is one of the darkest and most consistent rosewood boards I've ever seen).
    I also totally loved the turbocharger... because I took it out when I installed my Seymour Duncans and was able to wire the guitar for volume/volume/tone because of that third knob. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I've never played an archtop unless you count the very slight arch on my Epi LPC; I don't. What's everyone's take on the pros/cons?
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Pros: They're fvcking beautiful. Plus, both horns are scalloped, which I really dig.

Cons: None that I know of.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Thanks for the tip mogar. I'll keep a lookout for a Dinky Pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there was no "Dinky Pro", (ebony board, MOP logo) but there was a Dinky XL which had a bound rosewood board and is a high quality axe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember seeing a dinky standard pro somewhere though. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

But I was also telling him to keep and eye out for the other pro's, like the soloist and rhoads.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting confused over the Pro/PRO/Professional issue.
          All PROs are Professionals, but not all Professionals are PROs. Geddit? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            Thanks for the tip mogar. I'll keep a lookout for a Dinky Pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there was no "Dinky Pro", (ebony board, MOP logo) but there was a Dinky XL which had a bound rosewood board and is a high quality axe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember seeing a dinky standard pro somewhere though. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

But I was also telling him to keep and eye out for the other pro's, like the soloist and rhoads.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting confused over the Pro/PRO/Professional issue.
            All PROs are Professionals, but not all Professionals are PROs. Geddit? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okie Dokie dude. Thanks for the info there. A bit wierd though.

Comment

Mariuss said:"Just ignore the DKMG. The ActiveTurboCharger is crap. Stick with the DK2/DXMG and change the pups with real SDs, DiMarzios or EMGs and you'll get a great AXE!

Alder does't provide one with lot of sustain judging by my own experience, and turbocharger helps with it, what is bad in that, I wonder?

To Ewright: Don't forget that "duncan designed" in DK2 are not true seymour dunkan pups, and can't be compared even to passive hz installed in DKMG, IMHO

Personally I think that the three have evident drawbacks (licensed bridge first of all, pickups) and merits(more than minuses). You are to try each yourself to make the right choice
              But nevertheless, I'm for DKMG [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have never played a DXMG but, I do have a DKMG and a few DK2's. My DKMG feels very solid in my hands although it doesn't weigh alot. The thing that I do wish it had are the full sharkies. The EMG's also sound better to me than the DD's that come in the DK2's. The turbocharger IMO is cool, kind of like having an overdrive pedal boosting your signal built into the guitar. My DK2's also have thinner necks on them. All in all, I would recommend the DKMG, probably because I prefer archtops but, both are great guitars though.

Comment

Working...
                X