Got a new DKMG....a couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new DKMG....a couple of questions

First this is probalby the most flawless guitar ive ever gotten. I am enjoying the hell out of it but am very curious about the EMG HZ's, are they 1,2,3,4? Woudl they say on them somewhere? I hear things bad about them all the time but I have to admit I am diggin the tones. I definately have a bad Volume pot though for sure. But man that neck pickup gives me a serious Strat tone. With some manipulating and my PX4 it sounds just like my Les Paul.

Tell me about these pickups.

Re: Got a new DKMG....a couple of questions

This guitar has a great trouble with electronics-the volume pot rags me against all contrary evidence!It was broken when I received the instrument.HZ pickups,IMHO, sound well enough..for passive ones-I'm gonna change them in the nearest future.The next trouble is the bridge-I fixed it several time(the studs were loose,and the guitar was constantly out of tune)-needs changing also..But when all I enumerated is replaced,the guitar will definitely change it's sound(as I'm not fully satisfied with it at the moment)
    Here is the link.Just read the description of them,and you'll guess maybe

http://www.emgpickups.com/displaypro...;catalogid=162

Comment

They're HZ3 as far as I know. Not as good at the 4 it'd seem but decent stock pickups. The DKMG is a good value but I heard lots of rather bad factory problems with it, such as volume knobs falling, fret buzz...

Comment

i got mine with a broken turbocharger pot...but i just had it replaced with a new 25k pot. its working perfectly now. i find much comfort in the fact that the dkmg is japanese made as opposed to, say, and esp of the same price; and it shows!!!...and btw i lurrrvveeee this neck!!! its a shredders dream come true!!! my band mate has the prestige rg1527 and the jacko plays as well.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])) and oh those looks!!!

Comment

My volume Pot was crap, my tech is putting 500k pots in it as we speak. Both the tone and volume. I replaced the knobs with some killer new Qparts knobs that are top hats with GREEN to match the body.

Looks killer.

Sold my 91 Dinky Rev on Ebay in 2 hours to justify buying this one.

Comment

You are lucky.I can't get a normal 500Kohm pot for a long time just because it is just difficult to do in Russia,and because I refuse to install a second-rate one which is made in my country.The situation sucks!

Comment

I had a shitty volume pot in mine too. I also had spring problems with the trem. Quick fixes though and I think it's a great guitar. I normally don't like HZ's but, for some reason they sound alot better in my Jacksons as opposed to my LTD's. The only thing I would change is the inlay's...I prefer the sharkies. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X