Can Warmoth make a neck that will fit a JacksonDK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Warmoth make a neck that will fit a JacksonDK2

Dont wanna sound like a dummy, but Im sure you fellas know a H%$L of alot more about this than me? I was just gonna buy a neck and body from Warmoth, but I wouldnt know the 1st thing about building a guitar from scratch. Believe me , it would truly end up being a "frankenstein" strat alright. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Can Warmoth make a neck that will fit a Jackso

they sure can!

Comment

Try their site. It's a little confusing at first but you can find pics of the Jackson shaped necks. They can do neck binding but don't do headstock binding yet.

Comment

The Jackson DK2 neck pocket and typical Fender/Warmoth neck pockets are different. Buying a Warmoth neck to slap onto the Jackson body will not work and you will not be able to intonate the guitar properly.

Comment

Warmoth only makes necks that fits their own and Fenders neck pocket specs.....even though many 24 fret necks do in fact seem to have the same neck pocket specs with the longer heel Warmoth won't touch em.

That being said, no, Warmoth won't make anything that will work for a DK2.

Comment

Whoops - forgot they only do 22 ( 24 with the silly over hang )

Comment

I called them to ask if they would do a strat neck with a 2 1/4" heel to fit my Charvel body, and they said no. Can't say I blame them, since they work off templates.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I called them to ask if they would do a strat neck with a 2 1/4" heel to fit my Charvel body, and they said no. Can't say I blame them, since they work off templates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make a new template. Both the 24 fret Kramer I had and the 24 Jackson both had the same neck pocket dimensions...and I would imagine that some other manufactures are the same too...there seems to be some kind of standard.

With that being said Warmoth is losing a bit of business here.

Comment

Working...
                X