Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please give me some info about this KV

hi all

my other guitar player has this jackson king V, and he doesn't like it very much....i dont know why, it sounds pretty nice imo (he is an esp fanatic btw.... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] )however, i'm thinking about buying it from him. i'm just not sure about the price:

it's a black king V, 22 frets, dot inlays, one volume pot, no tone pot, 3 way pickup selector, one jackson pickup (neck), the other pickup is an EMG 81, licensed floyd rose.
    it says king V std. on the tuss rod cover and professional on the headstock.
    there are small paint chips on both the upper and the lower wing, some dings and scratches, and maybe the toggle switch needs to be replaced (not sure).

so, first of all, what king v model is it? furthermore, what is a reasonable price?

thanks in advance
    fragle

Re: please give me some info about this KV

It´s a KingV standard from the japanese Proffesional series.
    There was two (?) models in the series, std and pro, were pro were the best one. The EMG pick up must be a upgrade.
    Price in USA , about $300 I guess. Prices in Europe are way higher so maybe up to twice as much.
    I guess this model would be something like todays Rhoads RR3 for example???
    There are lots of people on the forum that knows a lot more about this, correct me if I`m wrong.

Comment

I had one, it was pretty nice but the neck was waaay to thin for me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        It´s a KingV standard from the japanese Proffesional series.
        There was two (?) models in the series, std and pro, were pro were the best one. The EMG pick up must be a upgrade.
        Price in USA , about $300 I guess. Prices in Europe are way higher so maybe up to twice as much.
        I guess this model would be something like todays Rhoads RR3 for example???
        There are lots of people on the forum that knows a lot more about this, correct me if I`m wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say you're pretty much right on the money, but it's more comparable to the RR5, since the Stds were neck-through (at least that was the case for the Rhoads Std).

I think it should be a good guitar as long as the trem isn't worn out. The Professional series from the early nineties was reknowned for its good build quality.

Comment

actually, i don't use the floyd AT ALL. i have 3 guitars loaded with floyd rose trems....all blocked ^^ i dig the tuning stability of floyds, but the floating bridge makes the strings feel strange imo.

by the way, i forgot to mention that the neck is bolt on.

i think it plays nicely, and the emg sounds great, too. the only think i dislike is that it's neck heavy as hell.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

it says king V std. on the tuss rod cover and professional on the headstock.

what king v model is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeeees, it's alright...i just don't know jack about king v's ! so stop laughing, dammit

Comment

Yup - King V Standard. Not all Standards were neckthrough. Standard meant rosewood with dot inlays, whether it was neckthrough or bolt-on - a small nod to the "Student" models of the 80s, but those had Custom options available like graphics and such.

The KV-2 actually started off as an import bolt-on with rosewood and dots, then it was renamed to KV Standard when they made the KV-2 a USA model.

Anyhoo, $350-$400 USD is a good/reasonable price for one if it's in great shape (not falling apart or needing a refret), and considering how relatively rare they are in Europe.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X