Couldn't Stop Myself ....... Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Couldn\'t Stop Myself ....... Saturday

Wow, nice flametop there! PRS would upcharge you big time for a top that nice...

Next step--get some good pickups in there.

Comment

Hey FATKAT. Check out this one. I got her from the old MARS down on Buford Hwy back in the early 1990's.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cksonPS-4a.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...9/2ee7fd1e.jpg
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Alvin
        Great looking guitar, I like the black hardware. I thought about changing mine to black sometime later on.
        I remember MARS I spent a lot of time in the one in marietta.
        Pro
        Yea maybe later I will change the pickups. I don't think these sound to bad. They say "Duncan Design" and I don't know to much about them.
        Thanks again guys, I do Love this thing can't put it down.

Comment

In my experience, Duncan Design pickups are like having a wet blanket over your sound. Real Duncans will provide a crisper tone with a lot more punch.

Comment

Interesting ?
            I don't have a lot of experience with pickups. Most of my guitars have stock pickups in them. I believe charveljunkie swears by sh-6's, maybe I will get one from him and put in the bridge position and see what I get ????

Comment

I've only switched pick ups in one of my guitars. I put a Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge of my Strat. The others still have stock pick ups.
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Alvin
                I have a Strat that I put scorcher pickups in a 3 positions and I have a Jackson that I got from charveljunkie that I doubt has original pickups but I'm not sure what they are.

Comment

Nice axe FATKAT. My first Jackson was and is a DX10D Dinky in a red flame top. I really like the playability, sound and looks of mine. I feel like I got the most bang for my buck when I bought mine.

Comment

Thanks Razor
                    I just love the way it feels. Now if my playing ability was as good as this thing feels, [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

well there you have it, such is life !!! what ya gana do" ??? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X