Jackson Stars....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars....

I noticed some of you guys have ordered Jackson Stars and wondered where you were ordering them from in Japan.Is there a certain dealer you use or do you order them direct? Thanks Rev.Timmy.....
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Re: Jackson Stars....

Ikebe and Ishibashi would be good to deal with.
    Ikebe doesn't ship internationally so Ishibashi would be the way to go.

Here is the list of Japanese dealers on Jacksonstar
    website.
    http://www.jacksonstars.com/toriatukaiten.list.htm

Comment

Are there are any Stars without a Basswood Body? They look great ... except I'm personally not a big fan of basswood.

Comment

No idea.
        I think they also use Ash and Maple top.

Comment

I can`t read the sites, how do you guys interpret them? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Ishibashi website has English pages and if you contact them by e-mail, they will answer your e-mails in English.

Comment

The ASL and NASLs use mahogany with maple caps. AFAIK there are very few with basswood bodies - maybe some of the newer ones like the Ishibashi special runs, but most of the ones I've seen listed use Poplar or Alder.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

o, ok. All I've seen are the ones on Ishibashi with Basswood ... not my thing

Comment

Those are just the Ishibashi special runs though.
                  The one I got (semi-custom) is alder...
                  And Ishibashi would probably order any standard model you see on the site.. the J1s or J2s, which should be alder.

Also with the semi-custom system I think you can ask for a different wood like mahog or ash... just have to pay extra for it.
                  And when I was asking about different finishes, I was told they might change the wood depending on what finish I asked for (maybe this applies for trans finishes).

Comment

do you pay MSRP though? or do they give you the "street" price?

Comment

Ah.. looks like the bolt-ons are basswood, and have those pesky Takeuchi trems.
                      The Ishibashi specials are basswood (which really isn't that bad, though a lot of people seem to prefer alder or mahog?) but DO sport the Schaller trem, which is a big plus!

Nah the prices here aren't MSRP. Just like you'll see in US catalogs, there's a list price and an actual sale price.

Comment

cool

approx how much? years ago my dad (a les paul conniseur) rule of thumb was 40% off list
                        today its more like 25-30% off list
                        is it like that with ishabashi?

Comment

Well, let's see..
                          Ishibashi's price on the KE-J2 in EDS is roughly 20% off list after tax is figured in... if you don't include tax it's 25%
                          The dinky they have is about 20% off list before tax, and closer to 15% off after tax.
                          My semi-custom also ended up being about 15% off "list" after tax.

I think the sale price on J2s is a pretty good deal.. comparable in price to the import SL3 sold in the US, but better in quality, IMO.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I am seriously having GAS on buying the RR1100J .....shit...i wish my money is unlimited!!! (duh! hits on the head, awakened)

Comment

Working...
                              X