Wilkinson on the PS-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilkinson on the PS-7

Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been reading around for a while. Cool place.

I have a question. I have a PS-7 body that I'm putting together that needs a Wilkinson trem on it. I've noticed that the Wilkinson I need is a different post spacing than the Wilkinsons they sell now. My body is spaced for 2 1/2" posts, but all the new Wilkinsons are spaced 2 1/4" to retrofit a standard strat.

Does anyone know where I can find a Wilkinson for a PS-7, and am I correct in my assessments above? I've been watching ebay for a while, but can only find a really cheap ($18) Wilkinson copy that has a 2 1/2" spacing.

Thanks!

Mike

Re: Wilkinson on the PS-7

Stewart MacDonald Wilkinson Page
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but Stew Mac doesn't sell the older sized Wilkinsons. All they have are the new Gotoh Wilkinsons which are standard Strat spacing, not the 2 1/2" spacing.

Comment

i had to plug and redrill for my PS-7 project. it was a pain in the ass because the hole only needed to move a little bit, but it wouldn't work other wise.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I know, it's only a 1/4" difference. But it is a major pain that I hopefully won't have to undertake. I keep looking around, I was just hopeful someone here might be able to lead me in the right direction. I've even been looking for cheaper guitars on ebay with the older style Wilkinson to buy and part out so I could have the trem. Maybe I'll have to buy the cheap one....I'm not sure I really want to though.

Comment

Working...
          X