Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the MG Series that come with EMG HZ's ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the MG Series that come with EMG HZ's ...

have the H4s or H3s?

Re: Do the MG Series that come with EMG HZ\'s ...

I believe they're the H3 model. From the EMG site: "The EMG-H3 uses two stud piece loaded coils for better noise rejection with over-wound coils and a ceramic magnet." Originally, I think they were designed exclusively for Jackson, but now they're available to everyone. I believe ESP use the H4 model, which is the passive equivalent of the EMG 81.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

My WRMG has H3s. They're not bad once you get the AfterBurner involved, but alone they're kinda weaker than what I'm used to (Duncan Distortion)

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What Newc said.

Comment

Yep, H3 indeed. The 2003 production had H3 but I don't know if they're still in it.

And they sell for a reasonable price if you'll ever swap to another pickups.

Comment

Newc, when I had them I figured out that the clean sound of these HZ's is pretty nice defineable, but on the other side distorted sound isn't. In that case afterburn might help. I was pretty satisfied with clean sounds.

Comment

I like the ones in my DXMG ... they're a little brighter than my EMG 81 but still sound good.
              My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Working...
              X