Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold DKMG

Gold DKMG

I hear these things are pretty rare ... this particular site had it listed at $849. Whats the story on this MG series gold axe?

Re: Gold DKMG

Gold dkmg's were blown out by musicians friend a year or two ago super cheap. Like $250 new. I don't think the color appealed to many. Whether it's worth 850 to you or anyone is one thing, but the buyer probably didn't pay much for it. Don't get suckered.

Comment

I like it, except for the reverse headstock, but I like the color. Jack.

Comment

Blown out at $250? WOW

Why are the other colors selling for much more on musicians friend (629-699) is there something wrong with the gold paint? Were they specially made for MF and not made the same?

I didnt think I was getting suckered [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] just grabbed one for about 350 - figured I could turn over a nice profit. But if its not the same quality as the others probably not [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

350 was a decent price but don't expect make the big bucks when selling it. If it's mint it may be worth 400 on the used market. After all, you bought it, so now it's "used"!
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

yah if I cant make a decent profit then Ill just add it into my rotation I guess - that is assuming its worth a damn. Dont understand why they were flying out the door at 250 when the others are 2.5x more

Comment

No there's nothing wrong with it, it's just as good as any other dkmg. It was probably blown out because there was an overstock for whatever reason... color wasn't selling well, or whatever. And they sold out in about a day, I tried to order a couple and just barely missed.

Btw they don't seem to do this much anymore, ever since Fender has owned Jackson I just don't see that many blow outs. 350 isn't that bad, so don't feel bad about it. The 250 price was just a fluke thing, doesn't happen much.

Comment

Why can't I ever see these blow outs!!! I'd buy a DKMG for 250$

Comment

me 2
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Worth of the price ... Nice guitar and everything, but this finish gives a feeling of cheap. Maybe it looks beter in reality than on pictures! Does anyone have a natural picture under the daylight of this thingy?

Comment

The pictures presented when I bought mine looked more yellow than gold, but when I opened the case I was surprised to see how gold it looked – sort of a metallic gold. It actually changes under different lighting conditions if you believe that.

The pictures I just took also make the guitar look more yellow than gold. It is a nice looking guitar though and it sounds great - I fingered [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] it a few times before putting it away for a hopeful turn over ... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I’m upgrading my last three for an SL-1 Select [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X