Rhoads Pro question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Pro question

i like the look of the rhoads and for me the early pro-series guitars are the best guitars i can imagine. they are not as much expensive as an US made and they are really high quality instruments.

so i decided to get a rhoads pro one day, but i want a RR with string-thru.
    was there ever a rhoads pro without a trem. availible?

i haven´t seen one until now, so my worries are: there was never a rhoads pro without trem.

please help me out!

btw. tekky, what´s up with the MOAIP? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Rhoads Pro question

The RR5 was the first neckthrough RR Pro with a stringthrough/TOM setup, and they are not even close to the 1990-94 Pros.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My RR5 is really awesome. I love it....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The RR5 was the first neckthrough RR Pro with a stringthrough/TOM setup, and they are not even close to the 1990-94 Pros.

Newc

[/ QUOTE ]

oh oh, that´s what i thought! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
        it seems that i´ll have to go with a floyd rhoads pro and change it to string-thru.

the RR-5 might be a good guitar, but not comparable to the old pros. i prefer the MOP inlays and the ebony board.

Comment

How are you gonna change a floyd to string thru? Besides filling the cavity and drilling holes.

Comment

i think i forgot a graemlin after this sentence. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

maybe there is a way to do this, but i really don´t know how at the moment.

i think someone here on the board did something like that before?!

Comment

Well, it seems like your stuck with saving up for a used RR1T... good luck finding one...
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Well, it seems like your stuck with saving up for a used RR1T... good luck finding one...

[/ QUOTE ]

good thought! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                but the truth is, the RR1 is a bit expensive for me.

Comment

I have a RR5 Rhoads. I love this guitar, it plays so nice.

Comment

i thoght about a RR5 month ago, but there are a few things missing:
                    ebony board, mop inlays and bound neck and headstock.

i belive if i would buy a RR5, 4-6 month later i´ll sell it again.

Comment

The RR5 is an insult IMO.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        The RR5 is an insult IMO.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree, but we have a few on this site that seem to feel that the only difference between the RR1T and the RR5 is the bound ebony board and MOP markers. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I've never played any RR besides the RR3 and JS30RR so this may be ignorant, but what exactly is so bad about the RR5? I would buy one if they made it with a jt580lp considering I like my SL3 it would be almost the same thing in theory...or is the SL3 an insult too? Not trying to argue I just don't understand

Comment

Because the original Professionals are leaps and bounds ahead of the modern "Professionals." Grover Jackson spent a lot of time in the Charvel plant making sure things were done well. By the time he left in 1989 those guitars were being made as well as their USA counterparts. Top notch hardware: Schaller trems, just like USA. Top notch electronics, just like USA. Genuine mother of pearl inlay on the sharkfins and the headstock logo. Ebony boards, binding on the neck and headstock. Just a much better attention to detail style of building. Newc's right on, the current Pro series is NOTHING in comparison to the originals. Anyone who is familiar with Jackson guitars knows this to be fact...
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

So if I prefer EMG's and like scalloped fretboards with no inlays and no binding anywhere, the only difference is the trem right? The reason I'm asking this is because I want to figure out if a USA or older Professional will actually be worth it for me. I care only about how the instrument plays, will I notice any real difference between say an RR5 and an RR1T after both have been properly set up?

Comment

Working...
                              X