X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed -satin finish Floyd Nut (neck) DK2

I am looking for a satin finish Floyd Rose locking nut to
    fit a DK2 neck (top mount)... Any one know where to find
    such a animal ??? I have been able to locate GOLD, CHROME (shinney), & BLACK.... But NO Satin FINISH like the one that came on it .

Re: Needed -satin finish Floyd Nut (neck) DK2

Just get a chrome one and have it bead blasted.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

How much does a process like that cost? Seems like it would cost more than the nut is worth unless "you know somebody" in that business. I wish I had buddies in the fabricator business hehehe.

Comment

just curious, is bead blasting same as sand blasting? How do such processes work? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sand blasting & bead blasting are different , Getting a chrome lock nut bead blasted to look like brushed chrome can be done by BudMan68 I have had knobs done by him as well as cover plates,& a truss rod cover very good stuff & Dave is top notch to deal. A guru of parts & therefore.
          According To The Prophecy

Comment

Cool I didn't know Dave did this. Would a bead blasting work for a chrome tuneomatic bridge to give it a brushed chrome look? How about Grover tuners>? Do moveable parts make this a process you can't achieve?

Comment

Bead blasting won't give anything a "brushed" look, but it will give chrome a nice satin finish. Tuners, bridges, etc., would be no problem. I have a fairly large bead blasting cabinet in my shop and it's one of the most "used" tools I have! (and NO, I don't do guitar parts, contact Dave)
              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Hey Mark sorry I meant a satin finish. I got so use to saying brushed from the gun smith I use to work with use to say that all the time.
                I suggest dave also as I mentioned before his stuff is great.
                According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                X