Which to get: KVX10 or RR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which to get: KVX10 or RR3

Hi all, I'm new here. Anywayz ... down to business. Right now I have one Jackson, a KE3. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I love it. The thing I like most is the tone. The stock pickup are amazing (are far as stock goes). Anywayz, I have a Ibanez S470 DXQM with Seymour Duncan 59/JBs that I might be trading in. I love the guitar, it just doesn't suit me like my Jackson. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] So, when I trade it in, I'm either getting a KVX10 or RR3. I play thrash and metal core. I am really leaning towards the King V, if only it had the Detonators like the RR3. So, should I get the RR3, or the KVX10, then just buy a Detonator ($30) and put it in myself? I'm also trying to get a case in the deal.

Re: Which to get: KVX10 or RR3

Oh yeah, I have a Samick with the pups that come in the King V. I like them too, but not as much as the detonators

Comment

s89, do you require a trem? Cuz the RR3 has the JT580 trem, whereas the KVX10 is string-through. My newest Jackson is a black KVX and I love it! The Duncan Design pups sound pretty good, too. Also, you may be able to pick up a KVX for about $50 less than an RR3.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Honestly, I'm really not too found of trems, which is one more reason I was leaning towards the KVX

Comment

If you don't like trems, get the KVX. I almost got one myself but I realized I can't go without a trem, so I'm combining the best of both guitars to make my Rhoads.

Comment

I've been looking at the KVX10, and was wondering something. How's the upper fret access on that thing? I have a song where I need ease in accessing the 22nd fret on the A string. Would this be a problem?

Comment

I own a KVX10... out of my four Jacksons it is the guitar I love the most. Not even my Soloist Archtop Professional can reach it (though it comes close... it's a damn fine guitar too!).
              But the KVX10 has the best sound and the best neck shape of the four. And no RR3 I've tried in shops so far came even close.

However I did relocate one of the strap buttons since the guitar was neck-heavy.
              And I swapped out the bridge pickup for a Duncan Distortion.

BTW, I only own string-thru guitars since I don't like floyds... too much hassle and both the neck angle and height of the bridge over the body just don't feel as comfortable to me. If you're not too found of trems you will have lots of "fun" with setting it up and changing strings... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Upper string access is okay, I can play solos up there with no real problem... feels different than a Soloist though.
              But it will be the same on the RR3 anyways, AFAIK. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Honestly, I'm really not too found of trems, which is one more reason I was leaning towards the KVX

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna mention the RR5 but am I correct in assuming it's a lil' more than you wanna spend?
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

mh, he's not "spending", he's "trading" -- an Ibanez. So yeah, he is limited in price range methinks.

Comment

I agree with "thetroy", get the KVX10.

Comment

^^^
                      yeah, I think I won't be getting TOO much for the Ibanez, so I think the RR5 will be too much. I'd like to get it, though. Then again, I'd like to get a KV2 ...

Comment

If you prefer the king-v shape, get the kvx10.
                        However i think you sohuld get a real duncan instead of the detonator.

Comment

Minor correction, rocksoldier: KVX10 comes with Duncan Designeds.

Now you'll have to play without an ace in your DECK! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Minor correction, rocksoldier: KVX10 comes with Duncan Designeds.

Now you'll have to play without an ace in your DECK! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              mh, he's not "spending", he's "trading" -- an Ibanez. So yeah, he is limited in price range methinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh.... gotcha. If the RR5 came with a trem, I'd seriously consider it since my next purchase may be an RR and an RR1 may be a lil' more than I'd wish to spend.
                              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
                              X