sl3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sl3

I was wondering what everybody thought of the sl3. I'm really thinking of getting one but would like some opinions before I drive 2-3 hours to try one out. Are they worth the money they are asking, and does anyone know what the natural finish looks like on one?

Re: sl3

In my opinion. No. I used to own one, then I went and got an 87 model 6. It blew it away quality wise and sound wise. then I got a USA SL2H and I really saw how cheaply made the SL3 was. there's lots out there that are much better for the money. I don't have my SL3 anymore, and it's probably the only guitar I've gotten rid of in the past year that I don't miss at one point or another.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

the natural finish on the SL3 looks really good, and it has matching headstock veneer too.

quality/build-wise, I agree with kmanick, although that is not to say that the SL3 is a bad guitar, it's pretty decent... just that you can probably find a many others that offer more bang for your buck.

Comment

thanks for the replies, your probably right, as that is a good chunk of change for a hobby. Kinda bums me out though as it is a nice looking guitar.

Comment

If you want a Soloist for a good price, get a early 90's Soloist Pro... I've got one and they rival the USA made Soloists of the same era!!!

Comment

Leo has a point , it's not a "Bad" guitar, the one I had I liked, but once you compare it to what else you can get for the money, you'll see they come up short. I loved the finish on the one I had it was trans red, it looked killer and it sounded great, Wulfe 13 is also right on the money, the early 90's pro's are great guitars and you can get one on EBay for less that a SL3 will cost you at GC. If you can find a nice SL3 for cheap, grab it, it just seems that nobody lets them go for short money and there is a lot better out there for the buck. I would look for an old Jackson Pro or a model 6, you'll be much happier.
            here's one on EBay right now
            Jackson Soloist Pro

Comment

I love my SL3. I would not pay the $1000 new for it again, but I would buy one used. It plays as well as anything else I've been able to try in a store. Though the only SL1 I've tried was used and poorly set up. Right now I'm working on my 24-fret Rhoads though, and whichever guitar I like the least will be for sale as soon as that's finished. Too bad I can't afford to own more than 1 guitar...

Comment

my problem is I bought my wife a Lincoln Navigator, and used my guitar money for part of the down payment. I have $1200.00 at musician friends, so what I buy has to be new from there. If your not married, don't get married, it kills your toy fund. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

If I could buy anything on MF for $1200 or less, I'd get a cheaper guitar and a podxt Live pedal. But if I were to get just 1 guitar as close to 1200 as possible I'd get this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...e_pid/511657X/

Comment

Ive been checking that one out too, but didn't want to ask to many ?'s at once, but since you brought it up whats the sound and playability of this one? I got a bad case of gas and want to order something, it's just friggin' confusing.

Comment

I have played one of those at GC in boston and the neck on it was real nice, the pickups are active so it's real fat sounding and it's got a licensed floyd on it. $1,200.00 is a lot for one of these but they're not bad, I would pick something else for that much, you can get a used SL1 or SL2H on ebay.

Comment

Grab the white Model 6 in the classifieds?
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Don't buy a Model A for more than $500. If you do, you'll regret it. It's not worth it.

Comment

Yeah I'm starting to lean towards something around $600.00 and a pod, but the only things that caught my eye was a wolfgang, or the v-type.

Comment

Allow me to help, PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X