Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help ID this ?

Hi everyone,

I have the opportunity to buy another Jackson, but I'm not sure what model it is.

It's a "professional" model, says professional on the headstock, so I'm guessing it's an early 90's professional...
    Quite sure its a rosewood fretboard, 22 fret, offset dot inlays, not a reverse headstock. Body is a beautiful sunburst colour, pickup config is H-S-S. Looks to be a JT tremolo, haven't had a close look at the trem though..

Can anyone tell me what model this could be ?? Thanks in advance !

Mark

Re: Can anyone help ID this ?

IIRC the 90's professional models usually list the model on the truss rod cover.

Comment

could be a stealth or a dinky.
      does it has a pickguard on it? if so, then it is a dinky, if not it should be a stealth.

Comment

Could also be a fusion model. 24 3/4 scale.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I thought the Stealth, Dinky, and Fusion of that era all had 24 fret necks?
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I thought only the Fusions did.... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Had a proper inspection today, and I've now bought the guitar, picking it up tomorrow. It's a '91 Stealth, no model name on the truss rod cover, I think the early 90's (91, 92) didn't have the name on the truss rod cover, my '92 Fusion doesn't...

The whole guitar is pretty much in perfect condition, and the colour is beautiful, I've never seen another Stealth in sunburst. I'll post pics if anyone is interested [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I thought the Stealth, Dinky, and Fusion of that era all had 24 fret necks?

[/ QUOTE ]

all fusions had 24, that´s right, but he said offset dots and there were no dinky and no stealth with offset dots and 24 frets. only the dinky reverse but he said normal headstock and not reverse.

have a look at jackson museum - salesfolder

Comment

Hmmm Interesting.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Just an update, the guitar actually isn't sunburst, it's got the flame maple finish, I believe this was an optional finish ? This guitar is like brand new, not a scratch, plays beautiful, I'm pretty sure it's a Stealth LT, if anyone can tell me anything more about the guitar I'd really appreciate it, thanks !

Comment

Stealth. The contoured body and the top-mounted jack are the indicators.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

To be more precise...

Stealth LT

Intro: 1992
                        Disco: 1992

Made in Japan

<font color=#696969>Pickups</font>[*]Bridge: Jackson J92C Humbucker[*]Middle: Jackson J100S Single Coil[*]Neck: Jackson J100S Single Coil

<font color=#696969>Controls</font>[*]Volume[*]Tone[*]5-way Blade switch

<font color=#696969>Hardware</font>[*]JT580 Double locking tremolo[*]Jackson/Gotoh die-cast tuners

<font color=#696969>Woods</font>[*]Body: Basswood with optional flamed maple top[*]Neck: Maple with 25.5" Scale[*]Fretboard: Rosewood
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Excellent, thanks for that info Tekky !

Comment

Working...
                          X