JS30 ,HHHHEEELLP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS30 ,HHHHEEELLP!

Well,i decided to leave alone the PS4 because she had a pickup problem,and the jack needs to be replaced,and she needs to get an overall set-up.it will cost me over what i can pay.
    therefor ,i had another choice,well,i still have.
    The JS30.
    As far as i know the guitar is made in JAPAN (correct me if i'm wrong),which is good.

for about 290 bucks,it's almost new,almost. the guy who's selling it,used it for about 8 months,and she's still in a good shape as far as the picture can tell.

The guitar itself costs 511 bucks new right off the store basement.

I made a pointment for tomorrow to see the guitar..

now it's up to you.should i take it?
    I can't find any good other deals here.though i can take a CORT X6 ,NEW for about the same price(288 bucks)(but i guess its not for that mather,this is a jackson forum..:\)

please,helpppp

thanks.

Re: JS30 ,HHHHEEELLP!

They are made in india IIRC. Also, they are selling for 299 brand new on eBay from a dealer, so I think that price is a little high. Anything used for 8 months, isn't going to be new.

Comment

Made in india?how come?the guy striped off a MADE IN JAPAN sticker......

I'm not interested doing deals with e-bay sellers..its far more complexed for me.

Comment

by the way,i'm not from the US,so here its all too expensive..
        well..how the guitar is anyway?and anyone can please admit it's a MADE IN JAPAN guitar?

Comment

The JS30 DINKY that you obviously are talking about is made in Japan, it's just the new Rhoads, Kelly etc. models that are made in India.

I played a JS30 Dinky once and it was definitely a good guitar for the money.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I knew this confusion would be coming when Jackson named their import pointy-body line the same as their former low-line Japan Dinky.

The old JS Series was the cheapest Japan-made line, and the JS-30 was the best of those, the only one to have a licensed Floyd rather than vintage trem. It was great bang for the buck,
            but I believe it too sold for only about $299 new in the US, at least in Musicians Friend and AMS catalogs. I'm sure it went for more in smaller retail stores though. If it had 24 frets instead of 22 I'd have probably gotten one because of the HH layout. But for $100 more got a DK-2 with trans red flame top; AMS was blowing them out at the time and the 3-pay plan was real attractive.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Does the 2 Extra frets are so damn important?

I've been told that if i'm not a real shreder,then the 22 frets will do fine.

Comment

22 fret necks have the advantage of putting the neck pickup in the "sweet spot" where the other 2 frets of a 24 fret neck would be. Equals better tone. I am sure there are people who utilize those last frets but how often?
                RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Also i've been told that the strings will turn more softer(bending,ease)
                  and there will be more sustain left ..

So after all i can make it with the 22 frets..bottom line,the extra 2 frets aren't that important,ay?

Comment

It's what's important to YOU that counts. I prefer 24 frets, so to me it's important. If it doesn't matter to you, fine too. I just expressed why I personally didn't go for it.I don't see why the # of frets would make a difference in the ease of string-bending though. The last 2 frets of a 24-fret would be harder to bend because perceived tension increases up the neck, but it's scale length, string gauge, and tuning, not the # of frets, that influences ease of bends. I personally use the 24th fret quite a bit to hit the high note in E-position arpeggios. To me it's natural to have the fretboard's highest note to be the same pitch exactly 2 octaves above the open string, but that's just my personal preference of aesthetics. I find the neck pickups of my 24-fret guitars to sound just fine, they are sweet enough for my needs.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The thing is that this is actually my first electric and probably my last for the reason i'm playing flamenco on a classic guitar..
                      so I don't know what i prefer..acutally.

Comment

Classical guitars have only 18 frets, right? I guess 22 will be a great bonus as it is then! Well good luck and I hope you enjoy the JS-30.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Nope,19 frets on flamenco guitar,at least the one i own has 19 frets.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X