original floyd on a dkmg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original floyd on a dkmg

I know this has probably been asked before somewhere on this forum but will an original floyd fit in place of the 580 stock trem on a dkmg? Without modifying the body etc?

Re: original floyd on a dkmg

The ofr should be a direct drop in.....

Comment

Really? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Then this is my next mod on DXMG! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You might, or you might not. I'm never too sure anymore. I think it's different for some people. Best way to do it is to try it for yourself because some people have reported success and some haven't. For example, I think Newc had to shave the trem route a little bit to accommodate the tiny bit of extra width that the OFR had compared to when the JT580LP was on there.

Also, remember to replace the sustain blocks because the OFR one and the recessed JT580LP one are different lengths. MIGHT be a simple swap, might not be. Maybe another case-by-case basis.

Comment

By sustain block you mean the block that is hooked with springs in the route and screwed on main tremolo plate?

You mean that I should put a 580 block on OFR in case of swap?

Comment

Correct.

Correct again. As far as I know, OFRs come with the long 42mm sustain block for non-recessed trem guitars like older Jacksons and the Shannon Soloists. If you have a Wolfgang or other semi-recesed trem guitars, you need the 37mm block. If you have a fully-recessed trem guitar like the DKMG or other Jacksons that have the big trem route on the face of the guitar, you will need the 32mm block.

Comment

Working...
            X