Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting thing at Guitar Center this weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting thing at Guitar Center this weekend...

...what looked like DKMGTs with SLS headstocks and old-style covered Jackson pickups.

Anybody heard/know anything about these? Just curious...

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Re: Interesting thing at Guitar Center this weekend...

Don't know anything about them, but I saw one a few months ago at a GC as well.

I thought they looked alright.

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Were they really Jackson pickups? I saw one of those recently in GC (the MF catalog has them, too) but they had the EMG HZ pups and the little pirhana inlays. Did it look like this? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...ase_id/106061/
      Though, those SLS headstocks have been around for at least 10 years or so, so maybe it's an old oddball if it's got Jackson pups.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

They definitely weren't old oddballs, and they were definitely MG series guitars - or at least they had the same inlays, binding, and basic construction type. They were certainly Jackson covered pickups, too - had the little Jackson down in the corner, just like all the ones I ripped out of my guitars 'cause they sounded awful. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The guitars looked like a bolt-on SLSMG, with Jackson pickups, and minus the headstock binding, I think. They had a couple with the EMGs, too. THe ones with the Jackson covers were being sold as new, so I don't suspect pickup swtiching hanky-panky. Very odd.

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Re: Interesting thing at Guitar Center this weeken

It sounds like toejam has these bolt-ons confused with the SLSMG. The ones Michael is talking about look like a DKMGT. My theory is since they have the string thru body tune/matic style bridge there may be better tuning stability with the straight string pull over the nut. Only my opinion. I also thought they felt too light almost like balsa wood . They are a GC exclusive availible in metalic black an red. A tobacco sunburst
          flame maple top version is availible for $50 more. Hope this helps!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            It sounds like toejam has these bolt-ons confused with the SLSMG. The ones Michael is talking about look like a DKMGT.

[/ QUOTE ]
            Oh yeah, the SLSMG is neck-thru; isn't it? Still, the ones I saw a GC were bolt-on but they did have the HZ pups. I didn't think Jackson still made their own pups. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There are Jackson labelled pickups on the JS30 series, RacerX's favorite. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Not anymore [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

DXGMT Guitar center exclusive. Comes in 2 solid colors & 2 flametop finishes for $50 more. Somewhere there is an old thread with a link to the GC flyer that had pics of the gtr.
                  I never have any luck with the F'n search function!
                  RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                  CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                  Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                  Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Where's Boxcar Willie when we need him? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

eleventh hour [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X