LE #2 Your ideas please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LE #2 Your ideas please

Ok, I'm getting a little confused here. Why all of a sudden is Jackson saying 100 min because of wood change, when we changed the wood on the dk2le and got an order of 24? They've done small numbers before.

Comment

Zero... they might have a maple board on the DK somewhere or it is more of an accessible option on the Dinky. Scott I think the RR is the better choice it is a more popular style and will be easier to move IMO
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Someone has their wires crossed at Jackson, we're talking about bolt on necks. They made 24 maple necks for our dk2's, they could make the same 24 again and stick them on a warrior body. Or maple 22 fret necks for a RR... I'm not getting this.

Comment

I agree with Zero Signal. There should be absolutely no special requirements for a RR with a maple neck as they would be the same necks as the DK2LE.

If we would have inquired about the DK2LE initially for a maple board with black fins, They wouldn't have raised the requirement from 24 to 100... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

I am hopeing in a way the RR is first, I am out of dough and can`t commit till after the 1st of the year with Christmas and all coming up. If you do the Warrior first and now, I will have to do trickes to find the money. Either way, I vote black sharkies on the Warrior. 100 sounds a little high, maybe 50 and that is still high, but 100. Jack.

Comment

Im currently working on this with Jackson and this min order issue seems pretty wrong when the DKLE didnt have it.
              I will present that to Jackson and see where it leads.
              They very well could have changed policy on this.
              Trust me, i would MUCH rather it be a 30 peice order.
              I dont make the rules.
              We'll see what we can make happen.

I will say we need to finalize what model this needs to be so I dont "cry wolf" so to speak with Jackson.

Comment

I am interested in this run as well but as others have stated, the timing may be an issue with the holidays coming up. Anyone have a rough guesstimate when they think money will start changing hands?

Awwww hell, what am I thinking? My daughter can get her Barbie Jeep next year. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Awwww hell, what am I thinking? My daughter can get her Barbie Jeep next year. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is fricken hilarious.... glad you have your priorities in line.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] What are all of our wives going to do when they open up Christmas presents and find a White Warrior in the box???? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well if not 30 I'd say at least get it down to 50. We might be able to do that. But 25-35 is realistic.

We are all over the place on the RR and the Warrior and we're going to have to pick one. First I'd say that we do whatever we can talk Jackson into doing, if they don't care from that point I'd personally say we do the Warrior and try to pick up the Rhoads down the line a ways. Maybe that way we could get a 24 fret RR.

I don't know what the timing will work out too, but I guess Scott needs to know what we want now so he can get us pricing. We'll see how that works out, I suppose we could delay month or two if need be?

So again, my suggestion is we go this way. Basically this guitar, but with only a volume knob.

For the super picky Scott can add/remove hardware to suit, (pickups floyds etc).

Comment

That`s exactly it, minus the tone knob-smokin [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I'd be interested in a 22 frets 1H, 1 vol Rhoads with black bevels, depending on price. The ebony sharks look very good, BTW. I'd be out for a Warrior or Kelly. They're cool, just not my thing.

Comment

I can dig a Warrior like that. I absolutely must have the final price before committing, though. I've got what is likely to be a $4k+ purchase coming up within the year, so every "lesser" purchase has to be budgeted out in preparation.

Comment

This is getting too confusing to me but here's what I'll commit to (to the dealer) right now: 2 Warrior WRXt's with maple & dots or sharks.
                            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Here's my Commitment....
                              1 Warrior w/ maple fretboard and Dots or Black Sharks.....

That's 2 of us.....

Who else is there?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Here's my Commitment....
                                1 Warrior w/ maple fretboard and Dots or Black Sharks.....

That's 2 of us.....

Who else is there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in!
                                Jackson: DK1
                                Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

Working...
                                X