Trouble with the whammy on my DKMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with the whammy on my DKMG

Ok, I got it about a month and a half ago and I've got some problems with the whammy. Since I bought I've been using the whammy a lot, and I've only just noticed that when I divebomb or pull up it doesn't return to the correct position. When I divebomb it returns a bit flat, and when I pull up it returns a bit sharp. It's not much but it's enough that you can hear it.

What should I do? Take it back to the shop I bought it from? Or is there nothing I can do.

Also when was it made? The serial number is 9698890.

Re: Trouble with the whammy on my DKMG

Check out this previous thread. I had the same problem you're having and posted my fix.

JT580 Thread
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

mhalsey, do they have a thread for the CRAPPY JT-500??? I plan to upgrade to a OFR in a few months...

Comment

I did a search using "JT-500" and there are numerous threads discussing it. Since I don't know what info you're looking for specifically, try the search for yourself and take a look at each thread. You may find what you're looking for. Good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

i had a situation when my 580 on my rhoads std after a divebomb went flat ( 5 percents max on a tuner ) and probably also sharp after a pullup (IIRC) .

The fix was to oil the floyd knives/trem posts on it. now it does it job if it's setup correctly.

Comment

how does one oil the floyd-rose knife edge? do i have to dismantle the whole bridge?

Comment

No, you just have to drop some oil [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              Because I don't say it
              Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Working...
              X