FINALLY got it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY got it...

Here’s a little tale for all to read, especially the ones who are currently waiting for their delayed limited edition guitars… [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Back in the middle of August I ordered a black JS-30WR Warrior at my local music store.
    They told me it should arrive one month later, since Fender didn’t have one in stock anymore.

Well, more than six weeks later there still wasn’t any sign of my guitar. Since I already had one bad experience with ordering a Jackson case (which I had to wait five months for!), I decided to ask Fender directly when my guitar might arrive.
    They told me they expected the next batch of JS30 models sometime in December…

I really didn’t want to wait two more months, so I cancelled the order at my store and ordered the guitar from an online store; I even called them to make sure they really had this guitar in stock.
    Then, 1 1/2 weeks later there was a box waiting for me at home… it seemed kinda slim…
    So I opened it to find a JS30 DINKY inside… they had sent me the wrong guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

It took one more week, the hassle with sending the Dinky back, a phone call and a mail (written in a very polite way, but with not very polite content!) until the right guitar arrived.

That was yesterday… [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Now to the guitar:
    I’m really satisfied with it so far, for the money it seems to be quite a steal.
    Nice neck with good fretwork, no fret ends sticking out, no bad spots on the neck even after I did a quick amateur setup (lowering the action and adjusting intonation).
    The build quality reminds me of Japanese performer models I’ve tried… simple and solid [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    But time will tell how well the guitar holds up.

What I really like about it:
    It balances perfectly standing up, and you can play it sitting with the guitar in classical position on your left leg or just on your right leg... really comfortable both ways.
    The output jack is out of the way as well (the cable isn’t poking into your leg like on low end Rhoads and King V models).

What I don’t like: The stupid white plastic dots… they should just leave them out altogether and give us a guitar with no inlays. But I guess it would look too expensive without the cheap dots… [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I can’t wait to try the guitar through my rig at rehearsal tomorrow!

And finally, here's a pic I took at work today with a borrowed digital camera:
    JS30WR Warrior
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Re: FINALLY got it...

Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

But...pics don't work [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

COPY PASTE this in your URL bar

http://www.angelfire.com/music5/flyi...rrior6_neu.jpg
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah, thanks... I didn't try the link after posting...

Comment

Glad you got it. Enjoy.

Comment

All right! I think you're the first JCFer with one of these! I actually tried one out at Sam Ash over the summer, and I kinda didn't like it. Do the fretboard stain, like my None More Black idea! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I tried some of the JS30 models(Kelly, Rhoads) at Sam Ash a few weeks ago and I found them to be pretty good, I'd say definitley worth the asking price.
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  All right! I think you're the first JCFer with one of these! I actually tried one out at Sam Ash over the summer, and I kinda didn't like it. Do the fretboard stain, like my None More Black idea! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey RacerX, can you give me a link to the fretboard stain idea?
                  Because I'm really interested to do exactly that but I'm not sure how to do it. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

The other guitarist in my band was very surprised by the quality of the guitar, too.
                  Maybe because of the hassle and my mail of complaint the guys at the online store chose the best one for me.. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

(Sorry for the German, guys, but I think it will be instantly clear to him if I "switch" languages quick, as in Germany there are different words for different types of Stains and dyes [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Was er meint ist letztenendes nichts anderes als normale, schwarze Holzbeize die man in so zeimlich jedem Farbgeschäft kaufen kann. Damit tun manche Hersteller ihre Griffbretter einschwärzen, und es hebt auch i.d.r. paar Jahre bevor man´s wieder auftragen muss. Kostet ca 5 Kröten pro Flasche, und reicht für 100 Gitarren oder so [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Kannsf wenn du fertig bist dann anfangen Holzmöbel usw. damit einzufärben wenn dir danach ist [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah verstehe... dankeschön! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X