Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me "upgrade" my Dinky!

Hi guys,
    I want to change my pups in my dk2 dinky. Please give me some suggestions. I also have little problems with my licenced floyd. When it is used a lot, the guitar doesn't stay tuned. Although it's a great guitar - body and finishes.
    Thanx
    Mike

Re: Help me \"upgrade\" my Dinky!

Pop an OFR and some duncans of your choice (I like the 59 or jazz in the neck, and the dimebucker or custom in the bridge.. those are the ones I've really liked out of what I've tried) and that bastard is ready to rock!
    Some people might say go with EMG on the pickups?

Comment

SD Distortion in da bridge! It sounds killer! I still have to replace the neck pup but when I do I'm going with a Lil 59!
      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I second the Duncan Distortion!

I use it in the bridge of my KVX10 and my Soloist Archtop Pro, sounds awesome. I know I have found "my" pickup, I don't need to try anything else anymore...
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I would go with a dimarzio super distortion, to get a little more low end than the duncan distortion....
          And for the neck a jb jr seems like a great choice.

Comment

i was also searching for p'ups for my DKMG...was thinking along the lines of an evo for the bridge...wut do u think?? good p'ups are they? will i need to make alotta changes to my p'up cavity???

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              SD Distortion in da bridge! It sounds killer! I still have to replace the neck pup but when I do I'm going with a Lil 59!

[/ QUOTE ]
              Yeap, I was thinking of DDistortion/Cool Rails/Hot Rails or Cool Rails kind of setup.

Thanx guys. I've tried a JB TB-4 in the bridge but sounds too bright for my ears. Very versatile though, but sounds totaly different in my LP clone. The fact is that I don't have a killer amp and so I can't tell this is "the real sound". So anyone tried a DD or Custom in an alder/maple guitar? How it sounds like? Punchy, killer harmonics, good PM?

Mike

Comment

I´d go Duncan Custom / Cool Rails / JBjr in a DK2

Oh yeah, and an OFR of course [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And for a soundclip of a Custom in an alder/ maple-Rosewood dinky: http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending , amp is in my Sig, everything "on 11" on both the V-Twin and the Marshall [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Before you put PU's in try stepping the Pots down to 250k. I like The Dimarzio EVO.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Before you put PU's in try stepping the Pots down to 250k. I like The Dimarzio EVO.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Yeap from the dimarzio tech support, they suggested me the same pickup. I actually prefer the Super Distortion...
                    I will change the pots to 250k and see what's happening with that JB- maybe it wouldn't sound so shrill.
                    I'll keep you posted.

Mike

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I also have little problems with my licenced floyd. When it is used a lot, the guitar doesn't stay tuned.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I've never had any problems with any import Jackson trems. Are you stretching your strings enough before locking the nut? When you put strings on, tune them up to pitch, do a few bends on each string and also pull them off the board about an inch or so to pull them out of tune. Repeat the process until bending/pulling doesn't put them out of tune, then lock the nut down.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'll second that, toejam. I have had several Jackson licensed Floyds, and nary a problem.

Comment

what kinda of pots do the jackson imports come with? if i put Duncan JB in my jackson important do i need to tell the tech to put different pots?

Comment

Working...
                          X