Tell me about the Concept JSX-94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the Concept JSX-94

I looked at one of these in a local pawn shop today. It seems almost identical to my Fusion Pro EX except it didn't have a pickguard and I *think* it was 25.5" scale.

Otherwise....

24 frets (same jumbos as my Fusion)
    1 Hum, 2 Singles
    JT-580 Trem
    Exact same neck profile and body size/weight (pretty light)

Is this just a slightly different version of mine?

Thanks!
    [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Re: Tell me about the Concept JSX-94

The JSX-94 is what eventually became the PS-2 Performer, and was only made (as a Concept model) for one year. I've got a couple of the JDXs, which have a fixed bridge, and I think the neck profile is Jackson's best. Most people seem to consider them to be somewhat better than the Performers, although I'm not clear on what the differences were between the Concepts and the first-year Performers.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Tell me about the Concept JSX-94

I've currently got a JDX-94 and I picked it up really cheap second hand. It's a bit beat up but it's cool. Comparing it with my JJ4 I would say that it's not quite as good, but we're talking about 2 guitars that are quite different there.

It would probably be better to compare it to the PS-4 I used to have (damn, I seriously want that back) and I would have to say that I preferred my PS-4. The neck on the JDX is a lot thinner than my PS-4 was and I find it a bit tiring after a while. As well as that because it's so thin I can't put 13s on it and tune it down to C either so it gets played less than my JJ4.

lol - reading this back I sure gave my JDX a beating there didn't I!?! I DO like the fixed bridge, the pickups have a very nice sound to them, especially the bridge humbucker and it is most definitely the best of my guitars for playing Slayer riffs on \m/ If you pick it up cheap I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
      X