What Kelly is this one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kelly is this one...

It has emg's (presumable aftermarket), bolt on - so KE3/Pro derivative, some kind of trem (half silver half black - aftermarket?), sharkies but no binding....

My guess would be an early Kelly Std or something....?

Rich

Re: What Kelly is this one...

No, Stds had dots. KE3s don't have binding, so don't that fool ya (well, except for Number Of The Priest's!). What's that on the headstock?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I sold my KE3 and the new owner removed the pinstripe binding, but will replace it with a better binding job at his brother's auto shop. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'm tempted to say the modern KE3 Pro as listed on the current Jackson site. It looks close... except for what's on the headstock. More pics! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

It looks like a Metalica sticker that someone put over the Jackson Logo.
        According To The Prophecy

Comment

That sort of reminds me of James Hetfield's King V where he slapped "Kill Bon Jovi" over the Jackson logo. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

rakh1, I agree with NOTP, more pics please!!!

Comment

Sorry guys - no more pics avaialable.

This is from a dutch guy who mailed the Kelly Cult asking what it was (well, that's what I think he was asking - my Dutch aint that good adn my Swedish wife hasn't translated for me yet). Now, if it wasn't for the funny looking trem and the emg's I would say '95 or '96 Kelly Pro - except they had inverted sharkies so it cannot be that....

The sticker definately looks like a Metallica one - aftermarket.

Any more ideas chaps?

R

Comment

As for the trem, the original picture is too blurry (not to mention the somewhat crappy photography [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) for me to tell whether it's low profile or not. It doesn't look like a lo-pro trem though... but I could be wrong. If it IS a lo-pro trem, it definitely looks to me like the guitar is a modern Pro Series KE3. I also don't see "Professional" on the headstock so it cannot be part of the slightly older Professional Series.

I forget when Jackson abbreviated the Professional Series down to Pro Series, but what I know is that the "Professional" headstock script disappeared when the abbreviation happened.

Comment

i think it's just a pro series with black saddles on the bridge...

Comment

so what was it?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I sold my KE3 and the new owner removed the pinstripe binding, but will replace it with a better binding job at his brother's auto shop. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'm tempted to say the modern KE3 Pro as listed on the current Jackson site. It looks close... except for what's on the headstock. More pics! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats for sure! not sure when that'll happen though, i need my new fender and bumper put o nthe car and the paint job done on the car before i go modding the guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Never found out exactly what KE it was...the Dutch guy was looking to buy it and had no more details or pics....

R

Comment

Working...
                        X