Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ID and info on YOUR import Jackson

[ QUOTE ]
    Neckthroughs always (always?) had the number stamped on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, you're right. Strange that the bolt-on Professionals would have a J0 serial number though. Meh! Thanks for the info. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a bolt-on Professional Rhoads that I bought in 1996. The S/N is 602033. Would that make it a 95 or 96?

Comment

man, im still confused about my DKMG...is it made in japan?? s/n is 97077701 sumthing...i hope i havent ended up with a korean or indian made jackson [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I have 1990 Warrior Pro Japan made serial # is J001258
          I also have an RR7 don't have the serial # because it's in the shop right now.
          According To The Prophecy

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            man, im still confused about my DKMG...is it made in japan?? s/n is 97077701 sumthing...i hope i havent ended up with a korean or indian made jackson [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

General rule of thumb is that Japanese serial #s start with 9, Indian #s with 10. My DXMG starts with 97 I think and it's a MIJ 2003 model.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

PHHEWWWW! thanks alot [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] hehehe

Comment

i have a dx10d with serial nr 9694237 on the neckplate. Since i too am confused, can someone tell me what year it is ? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

well i read earlier in this topic somewhere that the '96' at the start might donate the year. can someone verify this though?

Comment

thanks very much for the first post..

I found a Jackson Rhoads Professional, neck-trhu, dual emg 81s, ebony witj mop sharkies, serial J2....

so it's a guitar from 1992, and it's a good quality instrument? what is the going rate for such an instrument? (the one 1 found is 800 euro, NOTE: I live in Europe)
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Hi everybody.
                      Number of my professional is 931981. Have six digits only?
                      Do you have model year info about it? Thanx.

Comment

Were guitars made in India or Korea still labeled as made in Japan? Just ran across a serial that starts with 0 but has the made in japan sticker ...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          thanks very much for the first post..

I found a Jackson Rhoads Professional, neck-trhu, dual emg 81s, ebony witj mop sharkies, serial J2....

so it's a guitar from 1992, and it's a good quality instrument? what is the going rate for such an instrument? (the one 1 found is 800 euro, NOTE: I live in Europe)

[/ QUOTE ]

where do you live in europe?

i think for our market it is a normal price for this guitar.

Comment

OK, I have 3 import Jacksons, they are all made in Japan

1. Rhoads PRO J001226
                            This is a neck through made in 1990

2. KVX10 9702641
                            I ordered this bolt-on King V new in November 2003; it was delivered in December 2003 and shipped directly from Scottsdale AZ to the the GC I was working at the time. So I am very confident this is a late 2003. Chrome plate.

3. DXMG 9690331
                            I purchased this bolt-on Dinky from the same GC in Brea, CA in June 2004. It was hanging in the used area, however it is in excellent shape, and still has plastic on the truss rod cover and on 5 of the 6 tuner covers. I believe this to be a 2003 model. Black plate. It has the JT580 trem, so we know it is 2002 or later and MIJ (early X-series were made in India and trem models had the JT500 trem). In 2002, X-series production moved to Japan and trem models received the JT580.

So, on those last two guitars, we know the first 2 digits do NOT connote the year of manufacture.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have a neck thru Jackson Pro Soloist and it has neck thru body, stock p/u, matching painted headstock, and mother of pearl sharkfin inlays, the serial number is J402319. What year would this be? '94?

Comment

Working...
                              X