Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King V Professional Std...how does it compare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V Professional Std...how does it compare?

I have an '92 Predator and a '94 Kelly Std and think the quality is great. I picked up both guitars used about 20 years ago.

I have the itch to add a King V to the collection and came across a '92 Std in bright red selling for $500 with a hard case and Duncan pickups. I'm having trouble finding any recently sold ones to compare price to.

What is the opinion on here? Is $500 a good deal? The pickups alone are worth $200 resale.
    Scott

I can't say 100%, but it sounds like a good deal these days. It isn't beat to crap, the wing ends chewed up, frets have life?

Comment

That's a bolt model, nothing wrong with that, but part of how I equate value somewhat. It was the cheapest Jackson V for it's time. I don't see red ones nearly as much as black, I guess because of Megadeth in the day lol. If it's clean get it. With a case and upgraded pickups the value is there. Make sure the JT-580 is holding up.
      Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
      My collection also there!

Comment

It seems like the second wave MIJ Professionals never brought the money like the originals did. Then again they weren't built the same way either. Still damn good guitars though. Part of me says that's a touch on the high side, but then again they damn sure aren't making them like that anymore. The "negotiator" in me would try to get it for 400 bucks, but I'd say if it's in real nice shape without being beat all to hell with hard case it's going to be hard to find one sub 500 bucks in this day and age.

Comment

Working...
        X