X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKAQ and SLA3Q

https://i.imgur.com/lFihBkp.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/RNQ1EZU.jpeg

My camera phone is shit so the colours don't translate very well.
    The Dinky is in Transparent Purple Burst, the Soloist is in Amber Tiger Eye.
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 01-26-2024, 05:07 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Looking good. Are these Indonesian?

Comment

Chinese
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

All 7 of my Jacksons (headstocks only) https://imgur.com/ZfYDWgm
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 02-06-2024, 03:13 PM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Very cool, Simon!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Just managed to score a used DK/SL multi-fit SKB case on eBay for £90. Curious, can I hoover the interior of these hardshell cases without damaging them/pulling the interior out? Never tried it before, but this case has some tiny bits of crap in it.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

How are they compared to the other Indonesian, Korean and Japanese ones?

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  Just managed to score a used DK/SL multi-fit SKB case on eBay for £90. Curious, can I hoover the interior of these hardshell cases without damaging them/pulling the interior out? Never tried it before, but this case has some tiny bits of crap in it.
                  Yes for sure. I am also curious on the quality on the chinese ones. I have had 1 chinese minion dinky and the quality on that one was good.

Comment

Aside from getting an archtop body with large scallops on the horns, ebony fretboards and a slightly better trem, there isn't any difference I can tell between the Chinese and Indonesian Jacksons. I've only owned one Korean Jackson, which is the 7 string camo RR, which has an OFR and at least a hardshell gigbag that stops the body from moving, unlike the useless gigbag you get with the Chinese SLA3Q/DKAQ. The RR has a nice D shape neck, whereas both the SLA3Q, DKAQ and my limited edition DKA-R EX all have the same typical thin Dinky neck. Yes, the SLA3Q's neck actually feels the same as the Dinky.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                      Aside from getting an archtop body with large scallops on the horns, ebony fretboards and a slightly better trem, there isn't any difference I can tell between the Chinese and Indonesian Jacksons. I've only owned one Korean Jackson, which is the 7 string camo RR, which has an OFR and at least a hardshell gigbag that stops the body from moving, unlike the useless gigbag you get with the Chinese SLA3Q/DKAQ. The RR has a nice D shape neck, whereas both the SLA3Q, DKAQ and my limited edition DKA-R EX all have the same typical thin Dinky neck. Yes, the SLA3Q's neck actually feels the same as the Dinky.
                      I bought one of those DKA-R EX limited things as used and the body woods had shrank a lot and actuallly the paint started showing some cracks on the body wood joints but other than that its a solid instrument. But my climate is so brutal on instruments and basically the first or second winter will have its way with every and all guitars regardless of make.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post

I bought one of those DKA-R EX limited things as used and the body woods had shrank a lot and actuallly the paint started showing some cracks on the body wood joints but other than that its a solid instrument. But my climate is so brutal on instruments and basically the first or second winter will have its way with every and all guitars regardless of make.
                        Yikes! I'll stay in the UK, thanks.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                        X