what is professional pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is professional pro?

I see a lot of you guys said professional pros, and saying its dfferent from professionals and pros. I don't seem to understand this, sorry if this has been explained but I couldn't find an explanation. I understand pro is the line that used to be made in japan and now mexico, while the professional is pre fmic mij with professional on the headstock. But what is professional pro?

refers to these models:
    - Fusion Pro
    - Soloist Pro
    - Soloist Archtop
    - Rhoads Pro
    - Warrior Pro
    - King V Pro
    - Kelly Pro
    which were made in the early 90s. Checkout those catalogs for more. There are various distinguishing factors but the easiest to pick out are the mother of pearl fingerboard inlays AND inlaid headstock logo, which as far as I know have never otherwise been used on any other import models. In most cases, the literal model name (see above) will be engraved in the truss rod cover. but lack of that does not necessarily mean it's not one of the above models.
    Last edited by metalhobo; 12-03-2023, 03:17 PM.

Comment

"Professional" was the name given to the Japanese imports.

"Pro" was the highest trim level among the Professional Series.

In essence:
      -Professional Std - Lowest trim level, typically with rosewood fretboards, dot inlays, unbound headstocks/fretboards, and JT580LP tremolo
      -Professional XL - Middle trim level, somewhere in between
      -Professional Pro - Highest trim level, typically with ebony fretboards, sharkfin inlays, bound headstocks/fretboards, and JT590 tremolo

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        "Professional" was the name given to the Japanese imports.

"Pro" was the highest trim level among the Professional Series.

In essence:
        -Professional Std - Lowest trim level, typically with rosewood fretboards, dot inlays, unbound headstocks/fretboards, and JT580LP tremolo
        -Professional XL - Middle trim level, somewhere in between
        -Professional Pro - Highest trim level, typically with ebony fretboards, sharkfin inlays, bound headstocks/fretboards, and JT590 tremolo
        Also i would add to the PROs the pearl inlaid Jackson logo on the headstock. I am not sure when they stopped making the PROs maybe in 90 or 91 but they still used the JT-590 until 93-94.
        But its the 89-91 PRO models that are the most sought after ones that rivalled the USA made Jacksons at the time.

Having owned a few PROs and many US Jacksons i can agree with this. Also i would put the Japan made Charvels from 89-91 to the same pile since the quality on those were amazing too.

Comment

ooooh so the ones in the 90/91 joint charvel and jackson catalog is the professional pros? So there's no dinky model then right, as it has not existed. Thanks for the answer guys. How much does the fusion pro usually goes to btw?

Comment

Originally posted by doradoradora View Post
            ooooh so the ones in the 90/91 joint charvel and jackson catalog is the professional pros? So there's no dinky model then right, as it has not existed. Thanks for the answer guys. How much does the fusion pro usually goes to btw?
            Well the most highly regarded models are the ones that Metalhobo mentioned and they were the highest specced models but imo the quality was the same on all of them.
            I bought and sold my Fusion Pro for around 500-600 euros about 5-10 years ago but i think they are now more expensive depending on condition probably could be over 1000 dollars/euros. Soloists and the other models are even more expensive since they seem to be so rare.

Comment

I own 3 USA Fusion and one Pro, I can tell they are on the same level of quality. The only real difference is the neck finish: Oiled for USAs, and clear coat for the Pro.

All professional Jacksons are amazing instruments btw

Comment

There was never a Dinky Pro. The Fusion can be regarded as akin to a short-scale Dinky.

The Fusion Pro and Warrior Pro were around in the 1990-1991 catalog. I think they weren't offered for very long, and after that they offered the King V Pro and Kelly Pro which lasted I think until around 1995, along with the Soloist Pro and Rhoads Pro.

$1000 today sounds like a reasonable asking price to me for a good/very good condition Fusion Pro, or most of the other models except the Warrior Pro which is extremely highly sought after and probably commands several thousands of dollars. Better condition could probably fetch more than $1000.

Comment

I wouldn't sell my Fusion Pro for less than my soul... she's so rutiful so beautiful jumped right out of my dreams she was created by God just for guitar magazines

sigpic
                  Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                  X