Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90's Made in Japan Rhoads - alder or mahogany?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's Made in Japan Rhoads - alder or mahogany?

Hi guys,

I just purchased a 1990 MIJ Rhoads flying V, I'm going to replace the pickups in it and can't seem to find what the wood of the body is made of. I've seen some sites list it as alder, and have seen some others list it as mahogany. It weighs 7.4 lbs and is pretty light which makes me think alder but then all Jackson Flying V's are pretty light. At the end of the day, it's not a huge deal, it might slightly affect what pickups I'd put in, but if anyone here has a definite answer that'd be awesome. Thanks.

Neck through or bolt on. Jackson Professional in script or mother of pearl on the head stock? Does it say anything else on the head stock like Performer. Pictures definitely help to narrow down exactly which model you have. 1990 MIJ Rhoads is just too broad of a category. I'm assuming neck through Rhoads Professional with Mother Of Pearl logo, but I've had the definition of assume way to many times in my life to trust assuming.

Comment

Yes it's neck through no professional in script or mother of pearl on the headstock, after some digging (literally about 2 hours lol) on the internet and through old Jackson catalogs, I found out that its actually a MIJ 2000-2010 RR5 Pro Series. A lot of the articles and videos I poured over said serial numbers on Jackson's make no sense, so I can see how I could have been mistaken about the year. Picture in 2002 Jackson catalog was a dead ringer for my guitar.

TLDR: Alder body with a flame maple veneer.

Comment

RR5 is an awesome guitar! I have a duncan custom in the bridge and it sounds sweet!

Comment

okay
          I have yours
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
            okay
            I have yours
            I sold you my Rhoads Pro Pro. I still have my RR5

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post

I sold you my Rhoads Pro Pro. I still have my RR5
              Yes you did. My son loves it. Thank you
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Oh nice, I thought that one was gone. Glad to know its still around!

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                  Oh nice, I thought that one was gone. Glad to know its still around!
                  No, just to me and you. It's his and he can play for real

Comment

Working...
                  X