KVXMG EMG Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KVXMG EMG Wiring

Hey guys. I just bought the newer-style KVXMG (satin black) and should have it later this week. I'm already planning a couple upgrades.. Gotoh trem, and swapping the neck EMG for a 60A. I'm wondering if nybody that's got one can tell me if they use the solderless setup? I would've thought since the EMGs are OEM, they'd be soldered-in . However, I found a review somewhere that mentioned swapping some pickups with the solderless system - I'm guessing that he meant he bought a brand new EMG that came with the solderless system anyway, because my 8 string soloist has the EMG 808s soldered into generic pots instead of the quick connect system, but maybe that's just 8-strings.

If anyone has one and knows for sure I'd love to know so it would help me plan my upgrades better! Thanks, can't wait to jam on this guitar..

Doesn't matter if they used solderless or not, it'll still have the quick-connect wires to the pickups so you can swap them easily. Unless you plan on replacing all the pots as well.

Comment

Working...
    X