Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of a good replacement nut for an import BH43?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know of a good replacement nut for an import BH43?

Hi, everyone. I have an import MIJ Jackson DK2 from the early 2000s. The JT trem has been upgraded to an OFR The locking nut is a BH43 model, and it is a little worn. I bought an OFR R3 nut and it matches the BH43 in every way except for height. It is way too tall. I'd rather not have to shave the neck down a bit if I don't have to, so I was wondering what a good replacement would be. Any Ibanez or Achaller alternatives? Maybe an R8 OFR?

Thanks.

Originally posted by solo View Post
    Hi, everyone. I have an import MIJ Jackson DK2 from the early 2000s. The JT trem has been upgraded to an OFR The locking nut is a BH43 model, and it is a little worn. I bought an OFR R3 nut and it matches the BH43 in every way except for height. It is way too tall. I'd rather not have to shave the neck down a bit if I don't have to, so I was wondering what a good replacement would be. Any Ibanez or Achaller alternatives? Maybe an R8 OFR?

Thanks.
    I have some. I would send you one? Last guy didn't even say thank you
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

I have some. I would send you one? Last guy didn't even say thank you
      Hi, thank you for the offer! Very kind of you. I actually had forgotten I had a spare BH43 that I had purchased directly through Floyd Rose a few years ago. I was still hoping to be able to find a German made solid steel replacement instead of the lower quality nut.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything online about a suitable replacement for the BH43.

Comment

Hi, thank you for the offer! Very kind of you. I actually had forgotten I had a spare BH43 that I had purchased directly through Floyd Rose a few years ago. I was still hoping to be able to find a German made solid steel replacement instead of the lower quality nut.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything online about a suitable replacement for the BH43.
        Again I have them
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Free

Comment

Well I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands then. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Done

Comment

Well, I will need your address?

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

Well, I will need your address?
                  Hey, I actually ended up having my nut shelf shaved down so it now fits the R3. Thanks for your offer though!

Comment

Hey, I actually ended up having my nut shelf shaved down so it now fits the R3. Thanks for your offer though!
                    No biggy

Comment

Working...
                    X