80's 90'mij necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's 90'mij necks

New to the group thanks for welcoming me. I was curious if someone could tell me if all mij necks from this era were quartersawn and how many pieces were used.

edit: oops I originally thought you were talking about usas since this is in the usa subforum. can't comment about mij, though surely many were not quartersawn.

Comment

Most Jackson necks are one piece plus fretboard and headstock.

Comment

Like pianoguy said basically 3 piece if you take the fretboard into account. Headstock is attached with a scarf joint to the neck. That joint is usually super strong and you only really see dings to the very tip of the headstock.

Comment

I've seen very few (if any) MIJ Jackson necks that were not quartersawn, and none that were multi-piece (stacked from bass to treble - no one ever counts the head and board, they only mention if the maple neck and maple fretboard are a single piece, or if the head and neck are all one piece which no electric makers do these days).

Some of the limited exotic ones made for the Japanese market had 3-piece necks (maple with walnut runners). I think the original Dominions used 3-piece necks, but they were neckthrough, so there's that.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X