X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cavestany Death Angel Pro model

• Nyatoh body
    • Through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint
    • 12”-16” compound radius rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and black sharkfin inlays
    • Luminlay® side dots
    • EMG® 81 bridge and EMG HA neck pickups
    • Three-way toggle pickup switch and single volume control
    • Top-mounted Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge system
    • Jackson die-cast tuners and Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons
    • Available in Satin Black with black hardware, black neck and headstock binding and black pointed 6-in-line headstock embossed with a black nickel Jackson logo

Looks good. Jack is poorly placed. Interesting to see a top mounted FR. Not sure what makes this a "Pro" model, aside from the price, the Luminlay, and the strap locks. The FR Special and the lame rosewood make it really an X-Series.

I like that. A lot. Black on black on black; yes, please! I'd seen a YouTube video about the top-mount FR a few months ago; something they came up with for swaps onto guitars that use tune-o-matic style bridges, if I recall. MSRP of $1200, which I suppose isn't bad. I agree on the jack placement, but not sure where a better location might be. Inside the lower cutout, opposite from the strap button? Maybe once I get my RR24 paid off....
    JS20s bass (black)
    JS30RR guitar (metallic blue)
    RR24 guitar (Maul Red Crackle)

......and a lot more.

Guitar amp - Crate G-60 "mini-stack" with 2 12" Celestions
    Bass amp - Ashdown Engineering "Perfect 10" mini rig

Comment

I've always loved that shape since he created it in the '80s, but the matte black with the black sharks on rosewood is not doing too much for me, especially being made in Indonesia.

Love the top-mounted Floyd, and that's been on all of Rob's guitars since day one, same as the output jack. I think it would have been better if they put a strat-type jack somewhere inside the lower wing or top wing, or maybe even the back of the body by the lower wing.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The logical place for the jack would have been inside the upper horn, just as with the KV, Rhoads, Warrior. I do like all black guitars, but the lighter color fretboard doesn't help. I'm sure in real life some boards will look darker/better.

Comment

I kinda get why they didn't put a strat-type jack inside the upper horn, as the cable would probably be too close to the rounded horseshoe end and interfere. Though, they could always reverse the jack and have it facing towards the strap button pin or maybe even on the other side of the pin.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Right, it couldn't be a strap-type jack. Just the one they usually use, whatever it is called.

Comment

Working...
            X