New here... Love my JS22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here... Love my JS22

Hello... new member here and first-time Jackson guitar owner.

I was an 80s kid and always loved the glam rock and metal of that era (I still do) and the guitars they all played. This is my 30th year playing guitar, but most of that time has been on acoustic. I did have a nice Strat once that I built out of parts (let it go at some point), but I always wanted an 80s-style guitar. This year I decided I'd finally try my hand at playing some of the music I've always loved. I wanted the right guitar to go with it.

I started reading about Jacksons since I always loved the way they looked. I had a coupon for MF and figured I'd order a JS22, mostly out of curiosity. I wasn't expecting much at that price point (got mine for around $150 shipped!). Man, was I ever surprised! The guitar I unboxed was well-made, has a flawless finish (I got a blue one), near-perfect setup, and felt exactly like I'd always wanted an electric guitar to feel in my hands. I had already found all the replacement parts I'd need (nut, tuners, etc) to get it up and going, but I never needed them. This guitar holds tune flawlessly, even when using the trem bar, which really shocked me. I'll play it hard for hours at a time and never have to re-tune. I don't know if I got lucky or if these are just great guitars. I run mine through a Katana 50-watt amp and the sound is exactly what I was looking for.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and show off my rig. I've never had more fun playing music than I am having now.

(Tried posting a pic but I guess I'm not authorized yet.)

Cool. Welcome to the forum. You'll find some good information here, and you'll find a lot of us especially those of us stuck in the 80's favor the MIJ Charvels and Jacksons. The newer MIM stuff is good too. I set up a JS22 for a friend, and for an entry level MIC guitar it was a better guitar than I was anticipating. I'd never picked one up until then. No guitar dealers around here to speak of. It's rare to see a Jackson, and you never see a Charvel in pawn shops around here.

Comment

Excellent pairing. Katana amp with Jackson guitar. My same setup. JS Jacksons are fabulous guitars for the money too. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by scm View Post
        Hello... new member here and first-time Jackson guitar owner.

I was an 80s kid and always loved the glam rock and metal of that era (I still do) and the guitars they all played. This is my 30th year playing guitar, but most of that time has been on acoustic. I did have a nice Strat once that I built out of parts (let it go at some point), but I always wanted an 80s-style guitar. This year I decided I'd finally try my hand at playing some of the music I've always loved. I wanted the right guitar to go with it.

I started reading about Jacksons since I always loved the way they looked. I had a coupon for MF and figured I'd order a JS22, mostly out of curiosity. I wasn't expecting much at that price point (got mine for around $150 shipped!). Man, was I ever surprised! The guitar I unboxed was well-made, has a flawless finish (I got a blue one), near-perfect setup, and felt exactly like I'd always wanted an electric guitar to feel in my hands. I had already found all the replacement parts I'd need (nut, tuners, etc) to get it up and going, but I never needed them. This guitar holds tune flawlessly, even when using the trem bar, which really shocked me. I'll play it hard for hours at a time and never have to re-tune. I don't know if I got lucky or if these are just great guitars. I run mine through a Katana 50-watt amp and the sound is exactly what I was looking for.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and show off my rig. I've never had more fun playing music than I am having now.

(Tried posting a pic but I guess I'm not authorized yet.)
        Use imgur.com to host pictures then link them here.

Comment

Working...
        X