Japan domestic custom thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan domestic custom thread

Right, time to start a Japan custom-shop/order-made/shop-order thread. There is an awesome Jackson Stars Warrior for sale in Japan at the moment. I would be all over it if it were fixed-bridge and didn't have the volume control in some kind of hipster position. I thought I'd share it. I'll be adding others I've come across over the past few years. Please add any examples you've found!

'06 Jackson Stars Warrior, order-made

Originally posted by Jr. View Post
    volume control in some kind of hipster position.

pretty sweet warrior. shame about the piranha inlays, though they don't look too bad on the ebony fretboard
    Last edited by metalhobo; 07-10-2022, 02:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

pretty sweet warrior. shame about the piranha inlays, though they don't look too bad on the ebony fretboard
      I never minded Piranha inlays, although I do agree they look much better on ebony. That volume knob is weird, but I do understand getting it out of the picking hands way. I'm glad Charvel moved the volume knob a little further down on the Pro Mods. I'm a heavy picker, and I have to turn my volume knob back up on my Model and Contemporary Charvels from time to time. I've adjusted my picking hand a little bit as I used to hit them all the time, but I do still hit the volume knob from time to time when I really get into a song and start digging in.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

I never minded Piranha inlays, although I do agree they look much better on ebony. That volume knob is weird, but I do understand getting it out of the picking hands way. I'm glad Charvel moved the volume knob a little further down on the Pro Mods. I'm a heavy picker, and I have to turn my volume knob back up on my Model and Contemporary Charvels from time to time. I've adjusted my picking hand a little bit as I used to hit them all the time, but I do still hit the volume knob from time to time when I really get into a song and start digging in.
        I don't mind the Piranhas, at least on this one.

Re volume knob placement, I suppose this model would suit you well.

I like picking and using the volume knob at the same time like Yngwie does, so I'm opposed to any repositioning out of pinky reach. Majority rules on what the norm is vs custom option I guess. The status quo suits me well.

Comment

Where can I find more?
          Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
          My collection also there!

Comment

The Warrior sold for Y231,000 to someone outside Japan... is the buyer here?

Comment

Man, I would have bought that in a heart beat!

Comment

Dear god. The things I would do for that!

Comment

That's hot!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr White View Post
                    Dear god. The things I would do for that!
                    Holy crap, Mr. White has returned! How are you? Nice to see you back.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Lol thank you! I'm good thanks buddy. What have I missed?!

Comment

Working...
                      X