Jackson PS4 Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson PS4 Parts

I have a Burgundy Jackson PS4 Japan 1996 I picked up from a pawn shop for $100. I know it's a cheaper Jackson, but I actually love this guitar. I had a previous broken left wrist and this guitar is the most comfortable for me to play. Need to replace the nut (I believe R4) and tremolo system. I believe it has a JT500. I would like something better as far as a tremolo goes. What I remember reading is that the JT500 is made from nickle. I would like something better. Do you guys have any recommendations for a good replacement? Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by thundercatd4; 05-09-2022, 11:49 AM.

The 500 is the cheap version of the 590, which will be stamped 'made in germany by schaller'. Therefore, it is the perfect upgrade.

Comment

I would put a schaller in there. https://schaller.info/en/tremolos/35...r-tremolo?c=51

Comment

I agree with ed above. The "Schaller Tremolo" is basically the OEM version of the Jackson JT590 which itself is a better quality version of the JT500. All three bridges have the same dimensions and occupy the same "footprint".

$100 for a Japanese Jackson is great. Don't discount your PS4 as a "cheap guitar". I would happily own any Japanese PS4 for that price.

Comment

Thanks all! Have a good one

Comment

Damn sure worth fixing up. As stated above put a JT-590 in it and call it done.

Comment

Working...
            X