neck for dk2 2007/2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck for dk2 2007/2008

hey guys i have a 2007/2008 dk2 and i’m wondering are there any maple fretboard reverse headstock necks for the dk2? I love the rosewood fretboard on mine but just want something of a change

i know a dk2m neck will definitely fit but I wanted a reverse headstock one.I saw the dinky custom with maple fretboard reverse headstock on Jackson's 93 catalog and I'm in loveee
    Last edited by doradoradora; 02-19-2022, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Any 2 and a 1/4 inch neck (Jackson/Charvel) Should fit. Since your floyd is recessed you would want to get one from a model that's recessed as well.
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
        Any 2 and a 1/4 inch neck (Jackson/Charvel) Should fit. Since your floyd is recessed you would want to get one from a model that's recessed as well.
        John is right. If I were you I'd be looking for a DXMG, DKMG or a DX10D neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

John is right. If I were you I'd be looking for a DXMG, DKMG or a DX10D neck.
          None of those have maple fretboards. There was one dinky reverse headstock professional though in the 90's. The neck just has dot's and double dot's at the 12th and 14th fret. One of those would likely be very rare to find and expensive.
          I have a maple 24 fret strat head, 2 and 1/4 (setup for a floyd)

Had to add my neck isn't for sale (got pm'd)
          Last edited by john.w.lawson; 02-19-2022, 08:51 PM.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

None of those have maple fretboards. There was one dinky reverse headstock professional though in the 90's. The neck just has dot's and double dot's at the 12th and 14th fret. One of those would likely be very rare to find and expensive.
            I have a maple 24 fret strat head, 2 and 1/4 (setup for a floyd)

Had to add my neck isn't for sale (got pm'd)
            Oh hell I totally missed the "maple fretboard". You're right about the '93 Jackson Dinky Pro reverse headstock with a maple board. Like you said that one's gonna be damn near unobtanium. The Spectrum was offered with a maple board but the headstock was painted to match the body and one of those would be rare and expensive too.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5804947593476/

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

Oh hell I totally missed the "maple fretboard". You're right about the '93 Jackson Dinky Pro reverse headstock with a maple board. Like you said that one's gonna be damn near unobtanium. The Spectrum was offered with a maple board but the headstock was painted to match the body and one of those would be rare and expensive too.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5804947593476/
              That's the one, there was also a toothpaste logo'd fusion as well. Both you would be better off buying the whole guitar and keeping both as is.

Comment

ooh yeah i saw the dot inlayed maple fretboard dr’s are crazily rare. well then I guess rosewoods the only way to go lol thanks for the replies

Comment

but again that custom 93 dinky man… still haunts my dream. (the eyeball inlay dinky from 93 catalog)

Comment

Working...
                  X