Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

on a scale of 1-12 where would you guys rate the mij dk2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on a scale of 1-12 where would you guys rate the mij dk2?

well the title says it all. 12 being the best production model guitar you’ve played and 1 being worst. I just wanna know how you guys think about the jap dk2 (2006-2009) (real seymour duncan ones)
    Last edited by doradoradora; 02-11-2022, 08:33 AM.

Clearly, with 12 being the absolute best guitar, no one is honestly going to be giving a mass produced import more than a 6. We've played some nice guitars.

but this is not as clear cut an answer as you would think, given years and specs.
    as example, I did not like the 3 bolt offset dot maple board. The years blur, but I believe they were still Japan, yet could have been first year Mexico.

Comment

corrected it

Comment

I'd say they're a solid 7. I see them and DX10D's consistently for around 250 bucks so and for a MIJ Jackson I think that's a steal. The Duncan Designed pickups in the MIJ one's are ok but other wise a damn solid and nice guitar that's definitely a step above most what I would consider "entry" level. I've owned two DK2's and two DX10D's over the years and they do tend to have thin "speed" necks. Personally I would not want one if it was not MIJ.

Comment

MIJ DK-2, 2-has nothing to do with price( don't like the neck) and I prefer the MIJ DX10D it gets a 3
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
            MIJ DK-2, 2-has nothing to do with price( don't like the neck) and I prefer the MIJ DX10D it gets a 3
            what's wrong with the necks? too thin? or too thick?

Comment

It's not too thin it's the shape . I don't think of them as a speed neck at all.
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by doradoradora View Post

what's wrong with the necks? too thin? or too thick?
                All the one's I ever owned were thin and wide as hell especially the DK2's. The two DX10D's I had were very close in profile too. Definitely a flat "D" shaped neck in the four I owned. To me the neck profile would be real close to what the Contemporary series like on a Predator neck are.

I never measured the one's I used to own out as that was 20 years ago but I much prefer the Model series necks and I really really like the Pro Mod neck profiles especially. More "C" shaped and a little thicker.

Again I"m speaking on my experience with MIJ ones. I can't remember if they were made in Korea or Indonesia after 2006 or so and I have zero opinion on those as I've never owned or touched one. MIJ guitars always get an edge with me. I sold all my USA made guitars and kept all my MIJ and MIM ones.

2 and 3 rankings would be Charvette and Squire ratings IMHO but John's like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

All the one's I ever owned were thin and wide as hell especially the DK2's. The two DX10D's I had were very close in profile too. Definitely a flat "D" shaped neck in the four I owned. To me the neck profile would be real close to what the Contemporary series like on a Predator neck are.

I never measured the one's I used to own out as that was 20 years ago but I much prefer the Model series necks and I really really like the Pro Mod neck profiles especially. More "C" shaped and a little thicker.

Again I"m speaking on my experience with MIJ ones. I can't remember if they were made in Korea or Indonesia after 2006 or so and I have zero opinion on those as I've never owned or touched one. MIJ guitars always get an edge with me. I sold all my USA made guitars and kept all my MIJ and MIM ones.

2 and 3 rankings would be Charvette and Squire ratings IMHO but John's like that.

Mine was a MIJ DK-2. One of those crappy artist signed one's. (Japanese artist) I traded it to toomanyjacksons( user name) for a 475 deluxe exotic (or just exotic, prettier than the plain deluxe , he liked it and I like the 475 better than the DK-2. That's just MO though. Charvette's have pretty much a model seriers (the 80's) neck profile, I'd know.

By the way I just bought a charvette for less then they sold for new. New they were 250 to 350. I've owned a couple in the past, the fusion scale 270 and the crappy 250( 25.5 scale) with the junk trem.
                  Bought an neon orange 150 again 25.5 crappy trem ( I'm gonna change that) and not for the asking price by a long shot

But I like buying cheap stuff and trying new stuff on them.

If I compare the The DK-2 against a charvette, it would be a coin toss.
                  Last edited by john.w.lawson; 02-11-2022, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Oh, and he asked to compare it to things we have played or own

Comment

okay so what do you guys think that i got a dk2 (block joint, real seymour duncans) (skull graphics) you know a brand new old stock kinda thing for $560? pretty cool to think for a decade nobody bought this and eventually i got it lol

Comment

Originally posted by doradoradora View Post
                        okay so what do you guys think that i got a dk2 (block joint, real seymour duncans) (skull graphics) you know a brand new old stock kinda thing for $560? pretty cool to think for a decade nobody bought this and eventually i got it lol
                        Pic's help

I do like the pile of skulls graphic (that's the name of the graphic)

Comment

If you picked up a Pile Of Skulls graphic DK2 for 500 bucks I'd say you did pretty good especially if it had a hard case. I watched one on Facebook marketplace a year or so ago stay on there forever at 450 bucks and I thought that was a damn good buy myself. It's a killer graphic for sure!

Comment

no hardcase but i got a gig bag. ohyeahh i recall it being called pile o skulls though. here’s pics bro. next upgrade would be a schaller tremolo i think.

https://ibb.co/0hrWZpk

Comment

Wow, that is a looker. Hard to tell from just one photo but it looks practically mint, nice polished frets, and dark rosewood board. I happen to have a fondness for Japanese Jacksons of that era, and prior to the pandemic drastically affecting the price of everything including used guitars, this era of Japanese Jacksons represented some of the best and most plentiful bargains in used metal guitars as evidenced by browsing through data collected and shared here on JCF: https://www.jcfonline.com/forum/equi...fraid-of-e-bay (scroll backwards through time to notice they outnumber other types and eras of Jacksons and Charvels)

Comment

Working...
                              X