Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kelly - What Year was this made and what are the specs

The Serial Number is - 9705264

I used a serial number look up but some of the specs seemed like they didn't match.

Specs that I know
    - Trans Blue Flame Maple
    - 24 Frets Looks to be rosewood fretboard on a bolt-on Maple neck
    - Reg Sharkfins and Reg Headstock
    - Seymour Duncan Pickups with plastic covers (Not sure which set, but would assume JB and Jazz)
    - Licensed Floyd Rose Bridge
    - 3 Way pickup Select 1 Vol Knob
    - Chrome/Nickel Hardware

I believe it's a KE3 but after looking up several different kelly's I'm now confused.

Appreciate any and All Help

It's a KE3. Color code would be TB=Transparent Blue. Alder body. The top is just a thin veneer. Jackson JT580LP trem.
    Serial number puts it around late 2003 or early 2004 build.
    They came with Duncan Designed Detonator pickups, not real Duncans. Sounds like the pickups were replaced.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Dyrti_Dee View Post
      The Serial Number is - 9705264
      I used a serial number look up but some of the specs seemed like they didn't match.

Never use the serial number lookup for Jackson Guitars.

*yes, I know people here have seen this said numerous times. But it isn't appearing high enough in Google search results. So I am going to repeat it every chance I get.

Comment

That serial number checking website is such a disservice to the internet. Why a webmaster would program a serial number checker without knowing the facts is the reason why this misinformation spreads so widely.

As always, the best way to determine the date of any bolt-neck Japanese Jackson of this era is to disassemble the neck from the body, and look for date stamps in the neck pocket and on the neck heel. As an example, my 2009 KE3 stamps are below, indicating 2009 manufacture and that the neck actually comes from a DK2S, not a KE3 neck. My serial number plate reads 9xxxxxx and clearly has nothing to do with the actual manufacture dates. The 9xxxxxx Japanese serial numbers were sequential, and not indicative of the year in which the guitar was made.

?

?

Comment

Working...
        X