• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks metalhobo !!

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
      Pickups arrived today.
      They are really clean looking.

The plastic base is loose on both Single Coils, and the wires are still attached. There are brown spots that look like some sort of adhesive, but it is not tacky any more.
      What should I use to reattach them?
      The plastic tops screw down( The screw goes through the plastic first) when put in. Could be old glue or wax, just like OP said it's not an issue, just make sure not to pull on the wires too hard!
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Thank You john.w.lawson

Pups are currently tucked away.

............... ............... .............. ..... ............ .......

In Other News
        I talked to the Luthier yesterday afternoon. He had been waiting to hear from me to let him know when I had the Tremolo ready. I told him to go ahead and do it, because at this point I don't have any idea when I will be able to get a Tremolo.

I ordered the wrong saddles for the 580LP, so there's a couple weeks right there just returning them, and a week for the Refund to get credited back to the credit card.
        My ignorance --- I thought a MIJ Jackson would NOT have a German LP580.. But I found out that it DOES have the German version.
        This is a Learning Opportunity.
        Last edited by JJ119; 09-28-2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Thank You john.w.lawson

Pups are currently tucked away.

............... ............... .............. ..... ............ .......

In Other News
          I talked to the Luthier yesterday afternoon. He had been waiting to hear from me to let him know when I had the Tremolo ready. I told him to go ahead and do it, because at this point I don't have any idea when I will be able to get a Tremolo.

I ordered the wrong saddles for the 580LP, so there's a couple weeks right there just returning them, and a week for the Refund to get credited back to the credit card.
          My ignorance --- I thought a MIJ Jackson would NOT have a German LP580.. But I found out that it DOES have the German version.
          This is a Learning Opportunity.
          You just gotta laugh it off. Every time I do something with my "project" something else gets fucked up.... Thinking lighter fluid might be my solution

Yeah, there are two three models of the JT580LP I have two guitars with them and both have different looking JT-580LP's ones a 1999 the other is 2002
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I got educated.

They sent me instructions how to send them back.
            Now I have toet them know it's going to be a few days before I can get them out.
            OT at work is outrageous right now, and will be for at least another month.

Comment

Hey Folks

Opinions Welcome == Tremolo

I have seen pics of the JSX with JT500 Black
              Schaller - Floyd's, and a couple with Chrome ones.

From what I could make out in the pics, the Black 500s were stamped JACKSON but the Chrome ones were Plain.

I can get a Black or Chrome JT500 " Style " Trem.
              They are made by Schaller. The Chrome IS stamped with both Schaller & Made In Germany.
              The Black is Plain.

I am stuck. I like them both but can only afford 1.
              Having the Schaller Stamp would be GREAT!!
              However, the fresh look of the Black is really alluring.
              The Chrome is $30 less, even though it is Stamped.

Since this is an Educational Resto - Mod, and I don't * * think * it will be a Full - On Resto, which would
              YOU choose, if you were doing this project, and why??

Thanks For Adding To My Delirium

Comment

Hey Folks

Opinions Welcome == Tremolo

I have seen pics of the JSX with JT500 Black
                Schaller - Floyd's, and a couple with Chrome ones.

From what I could make out in the pics, the Black 500s were stamped JACKSON but the Chrome ones were Plain.

I can get a Black or Chrome JT500 " Style " Trem.
                They are made by Schaller. The Chrome IS stamped with both Schaller & Made In Germany.
                The Black is Plain.

I am stuck. I like them both but can only afford 1.
                Having the Schaller Stamp would be GREAT!!
                However, the fresh look of the Black is really alluring.
                The Chrome is $30 less, even though it is Stamped.

Since this is an Educational Resto - Mod, and I don't * * think * it will be a Full - On Resto, which would
                YOU choose, if you were doing this project, and why??

Thanks For Adding To My Delirium
                What color is the other hardware going to be. That would be my determining factor between chrome and black. Then again I'd be looking for a JT-590 Schaller too. The JT-580 Takeuchi is a good tremolo too if you're trying to save some bucks.

Here's a good link that Henrik did forever ago but it has some great information in it.

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

Comment

Razor

Thanks for the Reply! Both come with all hardware.

I honestly have not looked for a JT590 Style Schaller nor a JT580 Takeuchi.
                  I do the have a Chrome JT580LP that came on my Eerie Dess that needs 2 saddles. A PO at some point has put divots in them by over tightening them.
                  I had an OFR put in to replace it.
                  All the JT500s I saw had serious Knife Edge damage.

When I unexpectedly found these I was pleasantly surprised and relieved.

Aw shizz
                  Didn't mean to ramble

[.ETA ]

Reading that link when I first joined jcf is why I had the OFR put in. I frequently read that.
                  There's a lot of good info in there!
                  Last edited by JJ119; 10-04-2021, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Razor

Thanks for the Reply! Both come with all hardware.

I honestly have not looked for a JT590 Style Schaller nor a JT580 Takeuchi.
                    I do the have a Chrome JT580LP that came on my Eerie Dess that needs 2 saddles. A PO at some point has put divots in them by over tightening them.
                    I had an OFR put in to replace it.
                    All the JT500s I saw had serious Knife Edge damage.

When I unexpectedly found these I was pleasantly surprised and relieved.

Aw shizz
                    Didn't mean to ramble

[.ETA ]

Reading that link when I first joined jcf is why I had the OFR put in. I frequently read that.
                    There's a lot of good info in there!
                    The JT590 is really just a Schaller with a Jackson stamp where Schaller would have been. The JT500 is essentially just a cheaper copy of that. If it originally came with a JT500 I'd decide which color I wanted and get a Schaller in that color. Unless you find a good deal on a mint JT590. When I was looking for one it made sense to me to pay the $50-$60 dollars more at the time to just get a new one. Here is where I got mine. Of course the price has gone up in the past year or so.
                    NEW Schaller Floyd Rose Locking TREMOLO Bridge & Whammy Bar Black SB-0290-003 | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Dak View Post

The JT590 is really just a Schaller with a Jackson stamp where Schaller would have been. The JT500 is essentially just a cheaper copy of that. If it originally came with a JT500 I'd decide which color I wanted and get a Schaller in that color. Unless you find a good deal on a mint JT590. When I was looking for one it made sense to me to pay the $50-$60 dollars more at the time to just get a new one. Here is where I got mine. Of course the price has gone up in the past year or so.
                      NEW Schaller Floyd Rose Locking TREMOLO Bridge & Whammy Bar Black SB-0290-003 | eBay
                      I understand on saving the money and staying on the budget. Unless you just abuse the hell out of it the JT-500 will do fine. Those Takeuchi trems are good and I see them come up pretty often in the 50 buck range. I'd probably lean more to one of them myself if I were doing a budget build/repair.

My best friend picked up a real nice Original Floyd a few weeks ago for $130.00 shipped. It was in the box and everything so sometimes those better deals are out there just few and far between.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post

I understand on saving the money and staying on the budget. Unless you just abuse the hell out of it the JT-500 will do fine. Those Takeuchi trems are good and I see them come up pretty often in the 50 buck range. I'd probably lean more to one of them myself if I were doing a budget build/repair.

My best friend picked up a real nice Original Floyd a few weeks ago for $130.00 shipped. It was in the box and everything so sometimes those better deals are out there just few and far between.
                        I re-read through the thread. I'm not sure what bridge the guitar came with or if he has it. It sounds like the previous owner changed it. It does sound like he has a JT580LP from another guitar that needs a couple saddles. If the knife edges are good on it and it fits the route just fixing it may be the best bet.

Comment

Dak

Yes, you are correct. I do have a JT580LP in need of a couple saddles. I have put my info in at Allparts for notification when they get stock in.

Originally the guitar came with JT500.
                          I have not done exhaustive research. I have seen only a couple pics with Chrome, Plain Trems. All other pics there is a Black Jackson Stamped Trem.

At this point, I * Believe * it was Chrome only because the Locknut ih s Chrome.

Personally I like the Black. I'm waiting to hear from the place selling them if the Black is stamped and if the Knife Edges are replaceable on both or either Tremolo.

Thank You For Your Reply!

[ ETA ]

I do have the Trem that was on the guitar.
                          It is a JT500, Plain, Chrome.
                          The String Block Screws and Fine Tuners are pretty sloppy and loose. None of the Saddles have the brass inserts keeping the strings from being put in too far. The Fine Tuners from the JT580LP
                          do fit and give a bit more range, but still kinda loose.
                          I know I could put Teflon Tape // Plumbers Tape on the threads but I just personally would rather just put in a more reliable unit.
                          Last edited by JJ119; 10-05-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Razor

Thank You For The Link!

It looks like that is stamped with both
                            Schaller and Made In Germany!

Also the price is a lot less than the place I was shopping at.

Comment

HO LEE SHIZZ !!!

Those went FAST!!!

[ ETA ]

IF their inventory is Live, I MAY have made the last purchase!

Comment

My Schaller Tremolo arrived.

It has a really nice 42mm Block.
                                I don't have the guitar back from getting the Neck fixed and body plugged yet.

So I'm guessing the 42mm Block is too big.
                                Anyone know, by chance, if it is too big?

Thanks For Stopping By

Comment

Working...
                                X