going price of early 90s soloist pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going price of early 90s soloist pro

hey folks. I was just wondering what a good condition early 90s maybe 92 or 93 blue soloist pro would go for? it has almost new EMG 85 in the bridge and 2 EMG single coils. Its in perfect working order and I havent played it much since I bought it. The guy I bought it from had it on ebay, but i sent my deposit in before it sold, and it got up in the $600s. Its also got, i guess, the chainsaw case. I really didnt want to sell it because i have an early 90s pro rhoads and love that thing, but since im buying a limited chlorine soloist and maybe if we get the KV2 limited off the ground, so I really need some cash to fund those two limited guitars. I dont have any pics of it yet but its a dark blue and in really good shape for an early 90s. i wouldnt sell it unless i had to cuz that Jackson price increase really killed me on these limiteds. thanks folks.

Re: going price of early 90s soloist pro

anyone know?

Comment

Man thats a tough one. You will loose money flipping it in the current market for sure. I would say 500 absolute max, but thats just me. It's pretty shitty out there right now.

Jim
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I spent $450 on my `90 Soloist Pro a few years back, with the active electronics gutted and a Duncan Custom in the bridge, no case. Didn't like the Custom, and hated the red finish, so I spent a healthy bit of cash having GMW refin and rewire it to my liking. Money well spent in my opinion. It's tough to say though, because there is a very wide fluctuation in selling prices on the Japanese models lately. Some go for criminally low prices, and others climb well into USA range.
        sigpic

Comment

I have a dark blue 1990 Soloist Pro I backdoored on ebay. I snagged it for $400 shipped. Mine is also in excellent condition with just some minor fret ware... I don't know if they're stock pups or not, they don't have the covers if they are, but the mid-boost circuit works great!

I'd say in very goood condition with the EMG's you should be able to get $550 for it...max!

Comment

thanks folks. thats what i figured in the $500-600 range depending on the current market and who really likes it and has the money. Its in pretty good shape. No major scratches or chips. there might not be any chips ill have to check. its been in its case for a while. I thin the EMGs are pretty new and the finer tuners might be new too, and the electronics might be new. from a distance, other than the aged binding, it looks like a late 90s soloist. when i got it i was blown away by what good condition it was in. Like I said it was on ebay while i sent my down payent for it, and it got up in the $600s but that might have been when the market was really good. But chainsaw case, EMGs, good condition, and I put strap locks on it. I think I could get a decent amount for it. I got to offset the cost of the new soloist and KV. It kills me to let her go though.

Comment

I'd say at least $600 given the condition. These are USA Soloists made in Japan - period. Same materials, same quality, so saying they're worth less than a USA Soloist from the same year reeks of elitism.
              And a backdoor or "bought it from a Fender/Gibson/PRS Puritan" price is NOT a fair judge of market value, as it did not stay in the open market (Ebay) long enough to include the last-second bidders who may have gone high for it.

Blue is a rare color for the 1990/91 models, but then it usually isn't very desirable from what I've seen.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The worth of any guitar on eBay is what you are willing to pay for it as a buyer. I totally agree that they are essentially the same guitars as the USA models, but they are imports and do not command the prices that the USA's get of the same year even though they are the same as far as quality and materials. It is elitism, but it's a good thing. that way, we can score those imports for less than the USA's and get the same guitar. I've owned 3 Fusion pro's from that period and never owned a USA Fusion. Why would I when I can get the same thing (sans the "Made in USA" on the headstock) for much cheaper. Look at the Arch top pros. I don't see those going for over 700 yet a USA archtop from around then gets way more.

I say, Let the market be driven by elitism. It saves me money! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

i was just wondering what they sold for as of late. I need to get as much as I can for it since Im buying 2 new limited USA Jacksons. It had only been on ebay for like a day or two and it was up in the $600s range. maybe low to mid 6s but thats not bad for only being on there a few days and didnt have time for the bidding to really pick up. I just wanted to know a good price to sell it for. I dont want to put it on ebay, because i still dont really trust it and would rather sell it to someone on this board because its a good guitar and deserves to be played by a Jackson enthusiest. I just wanted to know what would be a pretty fair price to ask for it in the classifieds section.
                  But first i need to find someone with a digital camera so i can get some good pics of it for people. Like I said no way would i sell it unless I had to, and judging by my bank account and how much I am spending on those limiteds, I need to sell her. I want it to go to a good Jackson loving home.

Comment

How much would one like this fetch? ;

http://users.pandora.be/metallipriest/jacksons/soloist

It looks like it's a red transparent with some sort of burst.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Well, it's not a soloist. Looks like a fusion pro or a dinky pro. The mod that was done replacing the the 5 way switch with three mini toggles is what really kills the value. The reason being, the holes that were drilled for the mini switches would be visible if a 5 way switch was put back. If it was a Fusion pro, the mini toggle hole between the vol and tone knobs has been drilled out for another tone I presume. that also cannot be "undone." I can't tell what kind of pickups those are, but stock Jackson or decent after market (EMG, Dimarzio or Seymours) would help.

I'd say $300 absolute max if you're lucky.

Comment

Hmmm, well there go my hopes, lol.

OK so I won't be buying this one I guess...

Comment

Those are Reflex active pickups, and I think they only came on the Fusions.

Jackson16 - Ebay the SL Pro. You'll get nothing but lowball offers here (disguised as "current market value"), or requests to "have a heart" and "cut a bro a deal".
                          No matter how much you need the money, someone will be around to basically tell you they don't care how badly you need the money, but you should care that it's gonna cost them a few hundred to have it refinished, OFR'd, refretted, oiled/waxed/polished, restrung, tuned, and pickup'd and that you should show some consideration for their financial situation [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Ebay it. If anyone wants it, they can pay for it.

Newc
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

haha thanks man. I like your outlook on it. I was just wondering what they have gone for on ebay recently. I still need to find someone with a digital camera to snap some good pics of it. I would have rather just sold it to someone ont he board since its going from one Jackson enthusiast to another. But your right about the lowball offers. Thanks for the lookout man. I guess its off to ebay to see what she will fetch.

Comment

I would definitly be interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X