Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel/Jacksons that came with a J-95

Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me what models came with a J-95?
    Maybe Mechayoshi would know best.
    I'm thinking the guitars would be less difficult to track down than individual J-95s.
    Cheers!

Originally posted by Jr. View Post
    Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me what models came with a J-95?
    Maybe Mechayoshi would know best.
    I'm thinking the guitars would be less difficult to track down than individual J-95s.
    Cheers!
    The charvel model 88 had them. I had two that had j-95's and one that had an SD in it. I don't think you're going to find too many of them around though. There were only 1000 made and only 500 for USA. I'm not sure what else might have had them, sorry.
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

The charvel model 88 had them. I had two that had j-95's and one that had an SD in it. I don't think you're going to find too many of them around though. There were only 1000 made and only 500 for USA. I'm not sure what else might have had them, sorry.
      Cool, thanks!

Comment

Cool, thanks!
        theres a j95 on ebay for 250. but thats stupid
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post

theres a j95 on ebay for 250. but thats stupid
          Absolutely stupid, along with everything else that seller has ever priced.

Comment

I have an 88, I have not removed the pickups tp know there model, but I do not much care for them myself. I would gladly trade the bridge pup for an emg 81.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
              I have an 88, I have not removed the pickups tp know there model, but I do not much care for them myself. I would gladly trade the bridge pup for an emg 81.
              Sent you a private message.

Comment

Sent you a private message.
                A charvel model 88 only has one pickup and its slanted. most reguler charvels made in 88 have j90c in them if they don't have boost. Like the four or six's

This is a charvel 88 the pickup cover was removed. its the first one I came to in my photobucket

SANY2087.jpg
                Last edited by john.w.lawson; 05-25-2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

My MIJ Collen Archtop came with a J95... Still have the pickup... kinda rusty and a little rough around the edges, but it works.
                  Nice pickup.
                  -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    My MIJ Collen Archtop came with a J95... Still have the pickup... kinda rusty and a little rough around the edges, but it works.
                    Nice pickup.
                    Really? I don't think they came stock with a J-95... regardless, any interest in selling it?

Comment

Really? I don't think they came stock with a J-95... regardless, any interest in selling it?
                      My bad... the sticker is a bit dirty... it's a J90C, not a J95.
                      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post

My bad... the sticker is a bit dirty... it's a J90C, not a J95.
                        Lol, all good. I think you must be about the tenth person I've encountered now who thought they had a J-95 but had a different Jackson pickup.

Comment

Sorry for this mega late reply, I have a full time job now lol. Okay so one thing is that models supposed to have this pickup in particular (according to catalogs) have often not come with them in actuality. I had this happen with a Dinky that actually had a much more common J-90c instead. Let me do more research on this okay? I understand you just want a pickup and not the guitar?
                          Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
                          My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
                            Sorry for this mega late reply, I have a full time job now lol. Okay so one thing is that models supposed to have this pickup in particular (according to catalogs) have often not come with them in actuality. I had this happen with a Dinky that actually had a much more common J-90c instead. Let me do more research on this okay? I understand you just want a pickup and not the guitar?
                            Thanks man! That's interesting! Yep, I'm just after the pickup, but possibly willing to buy a guitar that has one.

Comment

I think the Charvel Model 5A and Model 88 might have it. Let me dig around more.
                              Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
                              My collection also there!

Comment

Working...
                              X