Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some well informed comments here...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKhV9mxyyN4

Too bad youtube cancelled my account last winter over politics. Cunts.

The dude on there calling MIJ serials Korean is really bothering me.
    Got his info from Ultimate Guitar forum. He says they didn't make MIJ guitars in the late '90s.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

I found the comment and told him off “politely”. See, just shows that this is the only forum that knows what they’re talking about. When ever MIJ Jackson’s get brought up elsewhere I cringe a little at the misinformation about to spread.
    Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
    My collection also there!

Comment

How'd he take the news? I can't view any replies.

A guy puts up a video with good info and fools come along and argue with him. Typical humans.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post

A guy puts up a video with good info and fools come along and argue with him. Typical humans.
        That's why I just disable remarks when I post any videos. Way too many dumb asses out there in the world. The older I get the less patience I have for them too.

Comment

I really wonder what went through Jackson's corporate minds when they decided to number those Japanese serial numbers sequentially with no regard to the year. As soon as the year changed, I would have adjusted the serial numbers accordingly (ie - 96xxxxx for 1996 only, 97xxxxx for 1997 only, 98xxxxx for 1998 only, 99xxxxx for 1999 only, and a four digit prefix for the 2000s such as 2005xxxxx for 2005 only or even just 05xxxxx to represent 2005, similar to the neckthru Pro/MG Series serial numbers). This massive oversight has resulted in one of the biggest sources of misinformation in the Jackson realm and it just won't die no matter how many of us try to set things straight. This is on par with otherwise-genius Leo Fender calling his vibrato bridge a "tremolo" which has stuck in guitar parlance despite its erroneous name and impossible to correct this late in the game.

Good effort by the Youtube creator, and good that he added supplementary information in the video description about the date stamps in the neck pocket.

Constructive feedback for him includes:

1) Add to the video description that the neck heel also has a date stamp.

2) Do NOT recommend Facebook groups as a reputable source for 1996-2011 Japanese Jackson Pro/MG/X Series manufacture date information because the ratio of uninformed Facebook participants far outweighs Facebook users who try to fight the good fight and know that 96xxxxx, 97xxxxx, and 98xxxxx do not correspond to the year of manufacture. Facebook is primarily responsible for the perpetuation of this horrible misinformation. Without delving into politics, it's almost as if uninformed Jackson group users are Russian bots deliberately spreading misinformation and sowing discord. Facebook really is the prime example of why nobody should believe everything they read on the internet.

3) I find it funny the creator is holding an RR5, which is a neckthru guitar with a 6-digit Japanese serial number whose first two digits correspond to the year of manufacture, yet his video is an attempt to debunk seven-digit bolt-neck 96xxxxx, 97xxxxx, and 98xxxxx serial numbers.

Thank you Mechayoshi for trying to talk some sense into Lizard of Oz. Here's the transcript as of this writing.

Lizard of Oz

1 month ago (edited)

96, 97, and 98 were made in Korea, those with 7 digits. 8-10 digits are made in India or Taiwan go to Ultimate Guitar and see. Japan didn't make more Jackson guitars again until the '2000s. They stop making them in 1995.

Mecha Nintendo Master

1 day ago

Why would you say that? There are plenty of MIJ from 95 onwards. Just look in a catalog. Some of them like DR3, RR3, KE3 and more still had the professional logo. Oh, and they have stickers saying Japan. Korean stuff is the performer series but some of those are mij as well. Maybe do a little more research.

Lizard of Oz

1 day ago

@Mecha Nintendo Master I did and I have a 96 made in Japan as well, this one looks like a Fender also a Dinky 97-98 made in Japan. Dates are tricky but I found out Performer and Pros are for sure made in Japan. I posted information I had at hand and I'm still learning about it. If have valid information about Jackson guitars info is welcome

Glamandy

1 day ago

Ultimate Guitar - what an incredibly reliable and "valid" source.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            I really wonder what went through Jackson's corporate minds when they decided to number those Japanese serial numbers sequentially with no regard to the year. As soon as the year changed, I would have adjusted the serial numbers accordingly (ie - 96xxxxx for 1996 only, 97xxxxx for 1997 only, 98xxxxx for 1998 only, 99xxxxx for 1999 only, and a four digit prefix for the 2000s such as 2005xxxxx for 2005 only or even just 05xxxxx to represent 2005, similar to the neckthru Pro/MG Series serial numbers). This massive oversight has resulted in one of the biggest sources of misinformation in the Jackson realm and it just won't die no matter how many of us try to set things straight. This is on par with otherwise-genius Leo Fender calling his vibrato bridge a "tremolo" which has stuck in guitar parlance despite its erroneous name and impossible to correct this late in the game.
            well to be fair, encoding the serial number serially is literally the correct thing to do

Comment

Thanks, Priest. Upon reflection, it seems the guy is realising he did say quite a mouthful.

Comment

Upon reflection, it seems the guy is realising he did say quite a mouthful.
                Where Lizard of Oz said "I posted information I had at hand and I'm still learning about it" is a huge reason why misinformation spreads. He admits he didn't know any better ("I'm still learning about it") but also admits willingly spreading whatever information is available without verifying ("I posted information I had at hand"). It's the classic case of the ignorant spreading ignorance ad nauseam. If you don't know and can't verify, don't pretend to be an authority.

Comment

7-digit serials starting with 96, going up sequentially, gives you 400,000 guitars to sell before you have to start a new system.
                  Sadly, they went 16 years and didn't even get into the 99s.

Comment

Just to be "that" guy...
                    if you can't trust the internet for reliable Jackson information, so drastically that the truth is right there in your face and you still spew the lies....

What other bogus information has the internet filled our heads with?

Puff Puff Pass

Comment

I’m glad at least one person knows better now. Also, No one laugh too hard at my YouTube handle... it’s the same account I made up back in high school!
                      Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
                      My collection also there!

Comment

Working...
                      X