Bridge and Trem help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge and Trem help

I have a 1993 Japanese made Soloist that I bought brand new when it came out. I need a new Trem bar, can I verify what bridge it is so I can maybe find correct one? I appreciate any help I can get

I would think it would be a JT-590 but it's also possible it's a JT-580LP, you can verify by looking here: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

The JT-590 definitely uses the same arm as the OFR. I'm unsure about the JT-580LP as there were different versions of that (I'm pretty sure I remember the later ones using the OFR arm, but I'm not certain about the early ones).

Comment

Looking at the 1993 catalog it looks like it depends on which model of Soloist. The Pro and the XL had the JT-590 while the STD. had the JT-580LP. Where are the locking bolts for the strings? In front or behind the micro tuners? Looking at pictures on Ebay it looks like it uses the same bar but I've never owned that bridge.

Comment

The locking bolts are in front of the fine tuners

Comment

JT-580 then.
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Very much appreciated. It's almost mint and want to keep it that way

Comment

why not just buy a bar and shaft combo, that way you are ensured that the two parts fit

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                why not just buy a bar and shaft combo, that way you are ensured that the two parts fit
                Yep, the complete 1000 series bar assembly is just $14.50 and it's identical to the OFR one best I can tell. I just got a 1000 bar last week.

Comment

Working...
                X