DXMG Dinky TM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG Dinky TM

I bought a used DXMG DinkyTM the pickups have been replaced with emg 81 and 85. This is a 2006 It came from factory with emghz h3 pickups Im putting it back to original. I found 2 emghz h3 with a 2006 date on them they were taken out of a DXMGT. Im hoping someone has a 2006 jackson with emghz h3 pickups that are origional to the guitar, that might be willing to take the plate off that covers the volume and tone and send me a picture. 2 things I want to know is are the volume and tone pots emg pots with the plugin on them. and if not what size are the pots and what size is the capicator on the tone.

my DXMG (no longer own) came with solderless pickups. but everything else was soldered.

*unless, by 'plugin', you meant 'active'. No, H3 are not active.
    Last edited by pianoguyy; 03-03-2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

the guitar came from a pawn shop and has 81 and 85 pickups in it now(previous owner did it) it originally came with h3 I know they are passive my question is my guitar is a 2006 I know the pickups are plugins but are the pots plugins? New wiring kits from emg everything is a plugin accept for the pickup selector switch Im trying to do a restore to original. I just found 2 2006 dated pickups from a jackson so if the pots were plugin then i buy an emg wiring kit if not I search for info on pot sizes and capacitor size. I know pots should 250 tone and 500 volume or maybe 500 for both vol and tone.

Comment

a DXMG isn't worth restoring. Especially to the point of nit picking over an internal component that no one will see.
        Hot rod that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
          a DXMG isn't worth restoring. Especially to the point of nit picking over an internal component that no one will see.
          Hot rod that shit.
          Yep, I'd leave the 81 and 85 set in it unless you just hate active pickups. I have an LTD with ESP-EMG's in it. Which are the same as the HZ's I believe. I had a LTD with active EMG's for awhile. The active IMO are better. If you don't like actives I'd get some Duncan Designed like the newer ones come with or some real Duncans. I think it'd be worth more with the EMGs or a set of Seymour Duncans in it than with the HZ's

Comment

Nah, EMG HZ are legit USA made EMGs, just passives. ESP-EMG and EMG SEHC are crappy OEM pickup that EMG put their name on, its not even Duncan Designed tier where they're pickups designed by EMG.

Personally, I think the H-3 set that came with the DXMG are pretty rubbish without the Afterburner boost pot, there's no point restoring it. If you want passive EMG on them, the H-4 works a lot better standalone.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumbling View Post
              Nah, EMG HZ are legit USA made EMGs, just passives. ESP-EMG and EMG SEHC are crappy OEM pickup that EMG put their name on, its not even Duncan Designed tier where they're pickups designed by EMG.

Personally, I think the H-3 set that came with the DXMG are pretty rubbish without the Afterburner boost pot, there's no point restoring it. If you want passive EMG on them, the H-4 works a lot better standalone.
              I didn't know that. I just remember that when I looked them up most people seemed to be trash talking both the ESP-EMG's and the HZ's, but I didn't think the ESP's sound that bad. I still say keep the actives or go Duncans though.

Comment

Working...
              X