NGD!!! Grover Jackson RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!!! Grover Jackson RR

I've been looking for quite some time for an Import RR and I finally found one I could get my hands on. I find that you just don't see early 90's RR's available for sale. Understandable so as they are beloved for their shape and well built, quality instruments. I don't know too much about the history of this line of guitars but from what I understand they were made in Japan at the Chushin Gakki factory for the Japanese market. It came with the original case, original pickups and user manual. Cool to have the manual but not of much use to me since I can't read Japanese. After a good cleaning and conditioning of the fretboard it looks amazing. I love the Metallic Black finish on the guitar. There is some fin damage in the usual places but it isn't terrible. It still requires a little more work to before it's 100% working order but otherwise I'm really happy with it.

wow, looks damn tight!

Comment

To translate the Japanese manual, use your Google Translate app on your phone, select the Camera icon, specify the language to say Japanese-to-English, and point your phone at the manual.

That's gorgeous. What year is that? Schaller JT590 trem on an import, with MOP finlays on ebony, these features practically make this guitar a 24-fret Rhoads Pro with a silkscreened logo instead of MOP and I'd guess it's from 1990-1995 like the usual Jackson Professional Pro guitars. I'd bet those pickups are DiMarzio but no idea if they'd be original to that guitar.

EDIT: Found it. 1990-1995 Grover Jackson Randy Rhoads Custom with aftermarket DiMarzios. https://guitarinside.com/Grover_Jack..._Rhoads_custom
      Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 01-25-2021, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Something dead sexy about metallic black. Nice score and definitely on par with the Professional series.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
          Something dead sexy about metallic black. Nice score and definitely on par with the Professional series.
          sheeittt, with the mop sharks i'd take this gj over all but a rhoads pro any day! makes me want to adjust my reverb filter lol

Comment

Number Of The Priest It's a '94, the pickups aren't stock. The seller included the original ones with the sale. The interesting thing is the logo isn't white. It looks like metallic silver. Now I also have a Jackson Concept RR that's a '94. Those were also built by Chushin Gakki right? What are the odds they were being built at the same time? Pretty slim, but a cool thought.
            Razor Thanks, it was definitely a good score!
            metalhobo that's where I got it you know how GAS goes. I was constantly looking at eBay, Cragslist, Guitar Center, Reverb... Reverb is funny though, I don't think the filter works properly. I missed this listing for about a week and was surprised when I stumbled on it. It was priced to move, but it does need some minor work. I am more than sure a few JCF'ers were scoping this one out I still check around just to see what pops up.

I'm going to need to take an updated family photo with the rest of my guitars
            Last edited by Sharkfin; 01-26-2021, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Nice! Very Nice!

Congratulations!

Comment

Fuck yeah!!!! 24 frets. Nice.
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

That's it, I want a Jackson RR now.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Wow, thats awesome!!

Comment

Now I need to locate an old school Jackson RR case... I uprooted my other V so I can store this beauty in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                        Now I need to locate an old school Jackson RR case... I uprooted my other V so I can store this beauty in there.
                        You kicked out the V to let the RR stay?
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

My RR Concept, it's my beater guitar

Comment

Looks awesome dude, congrats. My GJ Soloist Arched Top Custom (1991) has the same metallic logo. Maybe it's a Custom line thing, but I haven't noticed it on others I've seen.

Comment

Nice score! Is that Metallic Black or Gunmetal Gray?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X