Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 DK2M Questions

Hi All,
    I'm looking at maybe buying a used 2012 DK2M in Silver Burst with a D-Tuna installed on it. Anything I should look as far as issues other than the usual fret wear? They want $400 CDN for it with a hard case, and strap.
    Greg

first - make sure it is a DK2.
    Many ... and I mean MANY guitars are mislabeled. Sometimes intentionally. Sometimes innocently.

Other than that - you are buying a used guitar. It is not like you are buying a '56 Chevy or '57 Les Paul. There is nothing special to look for that you wouldn't look for on any other used guitar.

Comment

Short of getting the serial number from the seller, all the pictures sure make it look like a 2012 DK2M, from the binding around the neck to the zebra prick-ups and blade switch. I was more looking to see if there were any more "problematic" areas to look at, like the neck joint, since it's a 3 bolt does it tend to crack there etc. Just looking to see if anyone was aware of any constant issues etc. Thanks...Greg

Comment

Neck plate and that area will help you a bit in determining if it really is a DK2M. Also remember a good hard case will set you back at least a hundred bucks.

Comment

Wasn't 2012 the year Fender forgot the M in DK2M stood for Maple Fretboard and released a rosewood version?

Comment

Accidental double post

Comment

Working...
            X