Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading my Jackson JS22 arch top Dinky, your advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my Jackson JS22 arch top Dinky, your advice please?

Ok, so I have had this guitar for about 15 months. It was cheap but I have put it through hell and I need to give it some love at this point. First off the build quality on this 170-pound guitar is outstanding, surprisingly good at that price point. I love the Jackson humbuckers so I do not want to upgrade them..they are dirty and evil. But I do want to upgrade the tuners and tremolo but not a Floyd Rose type. Can you recommend me some good quality and good looking options? My guitar is flat black and I may go for some gunmetal hardware or gold. problem is I do not know where to look? Any help would be really appreciated!

Gotoh SG38 tuners are a drop in replacement. They're the same tuner as the Jackson branded tuners on USA models.
    I got mine at StewMac.

I'd suggest getting a bone nut cut if you're having tuning issues.
    StewMac would probably have a bridge, too.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      Gotoh SG38 tuners are a drop in replacement. They're the same tuner as the Jackson branded tuners on USA models.
      I got mine at StewMac.

I'd suggest getting a bone nut cut if you're having tuning issues.
      StewMac would probably have a bridge, too.
      That pretty much says it all right there.

Comment

+1 on changing the nut and fitting locking tuners. I would advise against replacing the bridge unless it is worn out, there is a full size steel inertia block already in that stock tremolo bridge,

Comment

Working...
        X