Mij RR3 tremolo replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mij RR3 tremolo replacement

Hi I’m new to the forum but I have a few Jackson’s. Right now I’m fixing up a pretty beat up mij RR3 (2004 I think?)The wood and finish are fine but I’m having to replace the electronics and the JT580lp. Does anyone know if there is a trem that would be a drop in without having to route the guitar? I was looking at the Gotoh ge1996t but am afraid the lock string screws would stick out too far to pull up. Has anyone here replaced their trem on an RR3 and if so what did you use?

OFR in a 580LP route

Comment

Awesome at least I know I can always go with the ofr. I was hoping the gotoh would fit because I can get one for about $100 less.

Comment

The Gotoh will fit in anything that will fit the OFR (or OFR-specced like FRS/FR1000).

Actually speaking of RR3, since I don't want to make a new thread? How much do they go for nowadays in the States? I've found myself GASing for a Rhoads recently, been eyeing the RRX24 and RRTMG. Was a bit indecisive on a $500 AUD RR3 the other day since its a bit battered and someone snatched it up. A RR3 (with bindings!) in the original Jackson hardcase popped up for 900 AUD today (so 650 USD-ish), seems to be in good condition, wondering if that's a good buy. With courier charges it'll be ~700 USD though.
        Last edited by Crumbling; 10-20-2020, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Well I got mine for $260. I had also purchased one just before that got destroyed in shipping for $300. The one I have now came with a case but as I said above the tremolo and the pickups were not in great condition.

Comment

Up until a few weeks ago in the US, the used market had been fantastic for sellers.
            I mean, think about it, the government shut down everything which means no one was spending money on gas for their car. Most insurance companies even gave you a refund on your insurance. Not going to work means not needing to eat out for lunch or have your suit dry cleaned.
            Student loan payments were stopped. You didn't have to pay your rent. You are at home, which means you didn't need to pay for daycare.
            Then they gave you a one time $1200, you got 100% of your paycheck plus an additional $600 each week.
            Add in the fact that people are trapped at home not allowed to go anywhere - they bought used guitars. Some bought them with the extra cash. Some bought them to learn a hobby.
            Either way, money was flowing.

And then it stopped. Now people are poor again.
            Serves 'em right.

But, specific to the RR3.
            You say RR3 to me, I think of the 20 year old import.
            But there is a new RR3.
            So, make sure you know which you are buying when you buy it.

Comment

Yea, its the MIJ Bolt-On RR3, not the new neck through.

Comment

Working...
              X